R1 VS 1000RR

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

R1 VS 1000RR

Postby AD on Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:41 pm

:rolL GUYS I WAS WONDERING TO DISCUSS THESE TWO EXTREME MACHINES AND KNOW BETTER ABOUT THERE BEHAVIOUR .SO ARE THERE EXPERIENCED GUYS AROUND WHO CAN TELL US ABOUT .WHAT I THINK IS THAT R1 IS THE BEST BIKE AND THE FASTEST BIKES IT HAS GR8 LOOKS BUT WHAT IT LACKS IS LOW DOWN POWER AND WILL NEVA GIVE THE EXPERINCED RIDERS THE RIDE THEY WANT.WHERE 1000RR IS GOOD IN LOOKS/BEST IN HANDLING AND A LOTS OF LOW DOWN POWER ITS ALSO BEST IN ROLLS ON.PLEASE COMMENT.
hy guys AD is back in the buisness.lets see what happends next.
AD

beyond me

Postby root on Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:51 pm

My bike skills are way below whats needed to give you an answer. But we have a bunch of seasoned bikers who should be able to share it.

BTW..I thought that the Hayabusa was the dream extreme bike.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:35 am

The Hayabusa still is the dream machine. :wink:
I like both of them and haven't experienced either so hard to say.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby ICE on Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:47 am

Root your right Hayabusa is the fastest production bike. But recently there has been a launch of a new bike which claims to be even faster.

And that is the Kawasaki ZX14R. Its got some really killer mean looks.

as for the R1 its got great and fast pick up and top end, no engine breaking, non linked brake system, does not really like low rpms, is heavy so handling is good but not really easy for an experienced biker its should just take a short while to get used to it but for someone doing a major change not really advisable.

the 1000RR being a Honda which is reknowned for its stability to ride well at low rpms does the job pretty well.

Its powerfull fast, good to handle. The difference factor comes in the acceleration R1 leads in that. Honda has a more steady and gradual growth towards that.

Those are some small pieces of information that I have gathered through my friends.

Although a good choice if Honda would be to go for a 954 or a 929 those are some really hot and sexy bikes popular among its class

another one which is a killer and bridges the gap between the 600's and the 1000's is the GSXR750.

It has the lightness in weight of a 600 and the power delivery of the 1000's

Comes in some really cool colors Blue & white (for sure) as well as black (i suppose)

I personally am happy to go upto the 600 category and the favourite being the r6 dont really crave for the litre engines. ;)
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

My Ride: I ride a beast on the road, a maniac on tracks!
My Profession: IT Proffesional
My Dream Ride: DUCATI

Postby T.N.T on Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:18 pm

I've heard about the ZX-14R but it isn't exactly the fastest production motorbike yet. Here is an excerpt from an article:

The Motorcycle Speed Wars were an unofficial competition between Kawasaki and Suzuki's motorcycle branches in the late 1990s to produce the fastest production motorcycle in the world. The Suzuki GSX-1300R Hayabusa won the competition when production versions became so fast that Suzuki voluntarily placed speed limiters on the bikes in 2001 which limited their top speed to 300 km/h, or 186 mph. The Kawasaki ZX-12R was close behind and up until the release of the ZZR-1400 was the fastest motorcyle in the world, because it did not receive a speed limiter. This title is not shown off by Kawasaki with great pleasure however, because of the speed limiting of the Suzuki. With the recent release of the newer and faster ZZR-1400, it seems that the speed wars might be starting again, especially since rumors have it that Suzuki is updating its Hayabusa to compete with the 14R.

:wink:
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

R1 video

Postby root on Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:28 pm

Looks like the front wheel literally flies

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XJOm3Ztsui4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XJOm3Ztsui4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

not showing

Postby root on Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:43 pm

For some reason its not showing up in the post (although did show up in preview mode).

Here's the video link while I figure out how to post YouTube videos here
http://www.youtube.com/v/XJOm3Ztsui4
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:10 pm

Hmmm, change your signature. :P
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

yeah :)

Postby root on Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:31 pm

bumper sticker :)
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:24 pm

:D
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby ICE on Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:15 am

You are right TNT its not a fastest production bike yet. They claim it to be a bike faster than Hayabusa which is presently the fastest production bike.
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

My Ride: I ride a beast on the road, a maniac on tracks!
My Profession: IT Proffesional
My Dream Ride: DUCATI

Return to Motor Biking