Need a bike !!!!!!

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

Postby navadv on Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:49 pm

220 km/hr in my Civic (thats the max i think :? - not bad for a 1.6L )
284 km/hr in a friends X5 4.8i - and may i say - never again in my life! :shock:

i guess im more of a - "how fast you get off the line and 0-60 times" rather than a 'top speed' kinda guy :lol:

i would also like to state that i dont do this on a daily or even monthly basis - tried it once - "just to see if i could...."
But those people that do this regualrly are just plain stupid.
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby T.N.T on Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:40 pm

Wow, I never knew an X5 4.8 could do that much. Where was it? How did it feel? :P

i guess im more of a - "how fast you get off the line and 0-60 times" rather than a 'top speed' kinda guy

Same here!
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby navadv on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:01 pm

it feels like ur floating on air.... honestly the engine is roaring, the beat of your heart can be heard by the guy sitting next to you and every muscle in your body is tensed up - your eyes constantly search the road ahead of for the tiniest of obstacles...

it comes to a point where u know that if something gets in your way - ur done... and holding the steering wheel and keeping it steady is what u need to concentrate on - as i said - never again !! - its fast - but i dont ever need to go that fast again....
i was scared - im not a speed freak - i love cars - but once u get over 140 - 160km/hr - u cant control a car if something happens - so its better u dont go there :wink:

Supposedly he has "modded" it (although he refuses to tell me how) and also had the limiter removed - i think they are otherwise limited to 240km/hr ... :shock:
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby T.N.T on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:03 pm

The people at DigiTec can do the removal easily. :wink: Where was it? I am guessing an isolated empty road?
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby navadv on Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:27 am

yup - was this road out in the middle of no where - ask me to get there again and i wont be able to tell u......

somehere between Dubai and Al-Ain - you turn off and take a couple of lefts and rights and u come to this nice 4 lane road - dead straight for miles....
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby Lothario on Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:51 pm

Hey guys...sorry to butt in...
im a new biker...in the middle of my classes at DDC...
jus wanted to thank Mr. Root and Mr. T.N.T ...u guys are really helpfull...
jus wanted to kno...guys, wheres the best place to pick up a second hand bike..?

hope to hear form u guys soon...
XXX
Lothario
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby ICE on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:31 pm

Hi Lothario,

Welcome to the site. First of all are you a beginner biker or an intermediate.

YOu can get loads of shops at Sharjah who sell motorcycles,

apart from that other place to check out is Aweer.

I am sure you will find something to your liking around those areas.

Besides am sure somewhere in this topic it self I and a couple others have mentioned places to buy your ride. And somewhere in the category too.

Regards,
ICE
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

My Ride: I ride a beast on the road, a maniac on tracks!
My Profession: IT Proffesional
My Dream Ride: DUCATI

Postby Lothario on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:37 pm

try catchin Epic movie if u have the time....
Lothario
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby Lothario on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:44 pm

well goodevenin mr ice.. good to hear from u..! well im ok on a bike...can ride and all....jus waitin for my license...

yea iv heard abt the shops in sharjah...must check them out...
plus iv heard that its better to buy a bike form a person than from a shop...
true?
and yea...iv checked out motorcycle city in aweer...fell in love with a red R6 they have there...
what bike do u ride?
-
Lothario
Lothario
Cruiser
Cruiser

budget

Postby root on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:52 am

Hey..what's your budget for a bike? The nice thing about UAE is that there is something available for 2,000 dhms all the way upto 150,000 dhms.

The Sharjah bikes are almost all imported directly from Japan, so they require you to get them passed and registered...slight hassle. Hence, buying off someone who has already registered the bike saves you that hassle.
But for a service charge, the importers will also get it passed and registered for you.

Best bikes to buy are those being sold off by some expat who is moving back home and has to sell it off on a discount. There is atleast a UAE service history of those bikes (compared to the japanese imports).
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Lothario on Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:32 am

Well my budget is anythin up to 20-25k
but the japanese imports arent that bad too yea?
well must start a hunt for biker-expats that r buggerin off...!
cheers
Lothario
Cruiser
Cruiser

well..

Postby root on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:59 am

the japanese imports that I've seen in Sharjah are mainly small bikes. You'll find a few 600cc and very rarely anything larger than those. It's the market demand. I am sure if you talk with them, they are willing to import a larger bike for you.
Upto 600cc in Sharjah you should get under 10k in good condition.

In the 20-25k budget you can find a nice Honda CBR 1000. If you're new to bikes don't get it, as it'll kill you. Go for a CBR600 or even 400. CBRs and Hondas are hard to find in the market as there is a lot of demand both locally as well as for re-export.

I actually saw a really nice 900cc Ducati for 20-25k a few months ago at their showroom in Al-Awir. It was slightly used and looked great.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby ICE on Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:28 pm

Lothario,

Root has provided you with some good insights on the purchase of bike. Now here is a news if your interested in this.

There is a Yamaha FZ6 2005 model only 4000 kms. ridden by a doctor available for 24500 he says non negotiable but maybe if you check him out things could work otherwise gots his contact from Autodealer itself.

Dr. Riyaz 050 6505124

Otherwise in you price range you can check out Twister bikes Qusais, Motorcycle city Aweer.

There is another place in sharjah which actually keeps theese 600 and above bikes the guy's name is anula dont exaclty remember the outlet name.

Raceworld would be a bit costly but it has good bikes. Tristar is all DUCATI and KTM.

As Root rightly suggested it is not advisable for a moderate rider to be going in for a 1000 or 600 but preferably a 400 is best suited.

I presently ride a 400 and now after a year am planning to upgrade to a 600 this would be the highest I would probably go because am not too keen on the litre engines irrespective of the power am more in to handling and i believe 600 would give me the best of it.

So once you are all geared up you can join us.

By the way talking about gears check out motorcycle 3000 in Dune Centre Dhiyafa if you are planning to buy some stuff. They are reasonable in prices.

Regards,
ICE
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

My Ride: I ride a beast on the road, a maniac on tracks!
My Profession: IT Proffesional
My Dream Ride: DUCATI

Postby Lothario on Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:26 pm

whoa! root n ice man! u guys are amazin...
finally!! thank guys!
will post again a lil later...
tc
Lothario
Cruiser
Cruiser

Re: Need a bike !!!!!!

Postby Lothario on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:29 pm

wow!!
more than a year has passed since iv been here!!!!
hey to everyone especially ROOT n ICE

well after the last post....i picked up a 600RR, which im sellin now btw....

and i need some help from u guys, iv posted a new topic earlier, lookin out for a 954...

if u guys have any clues or any info...plz plz plz lemme kno

thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(good to be back)
Lothario
Cruiser
Cruiser

PreviousNext

Return to Motor Biking