Need a bike !!!!!!

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

Postby asifadams on Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:24 pm

Hey root, :idea:

Nopes, sadly there were no motorbike stunts, but certainly stunts by Tankers !!!!

Yeah, you are right. You have narrated the story perfectly.

Thanks for reading man !!!!

@ TNT

Hey TNT,

Yes, I am from Bangalore, India.

What about you guys ???? Ever been to Bangalore ?
asifadams
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby T.N.T on Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:18 pm

I am a Proud Paki. :wink:
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby ICE on Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:30 am

@Root

I dont think Kabul Express is got anything to do with Bikes, but am sure its got a lot to do with Tanks, Missiles, AK56, AK47 and land mines. I saw the trailor for the movie.

What he was referring to with Bike stunts was some people doing it in Satwa.

Well Mohammed I wasn't one of them, I don't do stunts anymore after I broke my color bone.

Right now I simply fly. My ride is capable of doing a 120 on the 3rd gear at 10,000 rpm.

And my highest speed has been 200kph on Hatta Oman road at an rpm of 12700.
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

My Ride: I ride a beast on the road, a maniac on tracks!
My Profession: IT Proffesional
My Dream Ride: DUCATI

yikes

Postby root on Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:12 pm

broken collar bone...200 kph...dude, I am not riding with you even after getting my bike registered.

Again, what bike do you have?

Regarding stunts...the craziest I saw was at aroun 11 pm on Sh Zayed Road a few months back. A young guy without helmet did a wheelie all the way from Mall of Emirates to the 2nd Interchange (Safa Park/Pepsi exit). It was like a 10-15 minute wheelie and he managed to slow down the traffic (no one wanted him splattered on their windscreen).

Around Satwa (and Safa Park) I'd seen quad bikers but that was some time ago. I heard the police clamped up on those.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby ICE on Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:09 am

LOL dont get scared Root ;)

I broke the color bone more than a year back when I was in India.

I was too tired that day and was travelling back to home at 2.30 a.m. at night

While riding I dozed of for a couple of minutes, as it was an empty road, freakin cold winters of Delhi and at a constant speed of 70kph.

Was on the bed with no riding for 2 months then got up and on the bike once again. However that was a good lesson after that never fell asleep while riding ever again. And if i had a bit of tendances I would not ride or just stop over for a few minutes.

You could also say that during that period my stars were not right because after riding for 12 years and had my past motorcycle for over a year and had been well connected to it, I suffered 3 accidents within those three months the first was the major where the bone thingy happened and the other 2 happened 3 weeks after I started riding again in the same week. Nothing major but a bit of bruises.

One of them was a surprising one where i just slipped at a very low speed of 15 kph. The second was due to a car who in order to save the other person on his right on a scooter accidentaly banged into me on his left.

Like i said my stars were just not right people were actually surprised that "I suffered an accident".

As for my present ride, I ride a CBR400 RR and never fallen.

The 200 kph was done on Hatta Oman road on a Friday morning with other biker friends the roads were empty and it actually allows you to test your bikes performance. Am sure you know those roads.

Do meet up I assure you, you would not be disappointed or scared. We always ride safe with all the protective gears. No crazy riding.
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

Postby T.N.T on Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:46 pm

I had a Honda 'Fireblade' (1000RR?) before and my max speed was exactly 237km/h. :D
I've left biking for now but I hope to return to it by next year. :)
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby asifadams on Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Hey Root and TNT,

Hats off to you guys.... 200+ is really a damn daring speed to touch.

In Bangalore, I use to rip my Yamaha RD350 160+, but sometimes what scares me most are the cows that just comes in middle of the highway and stare at you and sometimes the mind goes just blank and you get totally shocked.... This is what scares me, not the speed :lol:

Good to hear about your past records dudes.
asifadams
Cruiser
Cruiser

speed and karma

Postby root on Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:11 pm

hey...i think I have not gone about 130-140 kph and that also in small bursts. I'm still not too confident with bikes and the thing that scares me most is that I just dont trust my bike that much to test the limits...specially if it means me flying off in a similar speed.

ICE..200 kph on a 400cc is pretty good, the RPM must be in red-territory at that stage? Regarding the bad period thing, you can hardly blame the stars for dozing off ;)

Most people I know give up bikes once they have a serious accident...hats off to you to keep on going.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ICE on Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:52 pm

@Root

Thanks buddy. I just dont give up easily.

Your right I can hardly blame for dozing off.

As for the RPM being in RED on my bike on the contrary it was not yet in the RED zone. Still a thousand more RPM to go in order to be there.

I must say my ride is absolutely amazing (knock on the wood). The max the meters show is 190kph.

But i could guage that I am going above it looking at the increasing RPM meter.

Y dont you trust your bike any issues with it in the past?

Regards,
ICE
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

Postby root on Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:46 pm

its an old bike...bought it second hand..import from japan. Looks fine and runs fine, but i just have ridden it enough to feel comfortable at 200 kph.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:55 pm

That's one thing that makes a person a good rider. Feeling confident on your bike. in other words, being one with your bike. Although that sense comes normally but you should concentrate on your riding and know how your bike will handle in different situtations (90 degree turns etc.) It will make you a much better rider.
I had a friends CBR1100XX (Super Blackbird?) for 5 months and I just couldn't adjust to the bike. Well, the reason was that the damned footrests were too high :P . Caused knee cramps. I am 6'-6'1" :wink: .
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby PRIYAM on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:34 pm

NICE TO HEAR SOME BIKER STORIES....suddenly feel like im wasting my time doing 200+ in cars ..... when ppl are doing 230 + on BIKES ..... Thats some amazing stats by whoever it was ......SCARY THOUGHT for others ...

HOW MUCH HAVE U GUYS TOUCHED IN A CAR ??
PRIYAM
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby T.N.T on Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:03 am

252km/h in a Lumina SS Coupe.
260-262km/h in the EVO.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:57 am

damn...you can do 260 in the EVO?

I've done 140 mph on Ford T-bird..that should be around 240 kph. That was fun. Did something similar on an AUdi A6.

Then also did burn a lot of rubber driving the A3s on the Autodrome but that does not really count.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:13 am

I can do more than 280km/h thanks to the mods. :wink:
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion