Need a bike !!!!!!

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

Need a bike !!!!!!

Postby asifadams on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:38 pm

Hey People, :!:

Can someone help me find a used and a running bike in Dubai.

Thanks,

Mohammed. :arrow:
asifadams
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby T.N.T on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:47 pm

What kind of bike do you want? Standard, sportsbike, cruiser? What's your price range and what engine capacity do you prefer?
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby asifadams on Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:01 pm

Hey T.N.T

Thanks for being so very proactive.. I am so very impressed.

Man, I am looking at Sports Bike, around 400 CC to 800 CC.

My range from 4000/- to 6000/- Dhs.

Can you please help me on this !!!!!

Many thanks again.

Mohammed.
asifadams
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby T.N.T on Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:23 pm

You're welcome! :wink:
I'll keep looking and post anything that suits.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

yamaha

Postby root on Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:40 am

Mohammad,

First of all great choice of Avatar...a black yamaha...exactly what I have (I mean make + colour and not that exact model :)).

(BTW, It is back to working condition thanks to ICE's tips, and also got insurance again thanks to ICE).

Ok, now to your query (and being nosy, we ask many questions back):

So, how long have you had a license? If you are new, then go for a 400cc and max 600cc. Bikes are dangerous, and you dont need speed too early.

Between 4-6 k you will get a japanese used import 400cc. You will find a number of Kawasaki or Suzukis to choose between. Yamaha and Hondas (specially the ever sougted CBRs) will be a bit harder in this price range, but you can get lucky.

Last thing about bikes...for some reason all insurance companies are stopping or hiking up insurance prices like crazy. Something to think about as well if you're getting a new bike. (But then, if you read this forum, there are a bunch of ways to get insurance cheaper as posted by some members).
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby asifadams on Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:27 pm

Hey Root (Nice Handle / Nick) :wink:

Firstly, Thank you so much for the comment on my Avatar. R1 has always been my dream bike and I wish to get that soon..

I dont have a dubai license but certainly I wish to procure it soon. I got my car license done in November (Got it changed : I had GCC license and got it changed in Deira) Any info on 'How to get your license very fast?'
I have around 14 years of experiance in riding bikes !!!!! Will that help me get a license soon ?

I was always fasinated by bikes and cars. Way back in my country (Bangalore, India) I own Yamaha RD 350. I miss my bike badly and I really want to get back to my riding. Here in Dubai I drive a 4X4, but nothing to beat the pleasure of riding the bike.

Root, Thank you for whole lot of information / enlightment that you gave me through this forum..... I should say 'Good Job Man'.... Keep up the spirit and please help me find a bike :wink:

Thanks !!!!

Mohammed.

"This Site Rocks"
asifadams
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby ICE on Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:39 pm

Here's some information from the Biker Dude of this forum ;)

The price you are looking for will fetch you (as mentioned by Root)

Suzuki RF 400, Bandit 400 (naked),
Kawasaki ZZR 400

a Honda CBR if you are looking for sports bike would be difficult to find of a 400 capacity but you may get in the 250 CC capacity

there are a couple at Motorcycle City Al Aweer A CBR250, NSR250, there is a limited edition Honda AERO which is a 400 capacity but its a bit dearer than 6000.

Another place to check out is Autodealer and Gulfnews (autodealer as its a one stop lookout for all different sources)

As also pointed out by Root somethings difficult to get are insurance and also parts for certain models (CBR, YZF) in the 400cc segmant. All of these parts have to be imported and very few of them is stocked by any supplier.

Second about license well that all depends on how good you are. Mentioning to the Shrota that you have been riding for 14 years will not help I tried that.

You have to go enrol yourself in one of the institutes if you mention that you have been riding and you know it they will ask you to do a pre test (the 8 sign) to check and decide the number of classes, 8-10 i suppose.

Becuase you have been driving and you have a car license one thing that you skip is the Signal test. And probably during the road test the Shrota would moreof look at your confidence and control on your bike as well as the rules relating to changing lanes on a motorcycle.

You should clear through fast if you are good at the 8 sign as that is the first step without which they dont let you proceed to the next level (road test) which of course you would be comfortable with.

About your safety gear go to Motorcycle 3000 at Dune Centre

Well that is a lotta reading.

And once you are done with the License and you got your Bike. Call me and ill introduce you to my other biker friends and you could hangout with us. ;)

@ROOT:

Dude since your bike is running again and I hope that it will not stop again. Y dont you join us tomorrow morning for a ride. There aren't many people going tomorrow just about 3 i guess as others have gone for a vacation.

We will be meeting between 6 - 6:30 a.m. at the petrol pump near dragon mart.
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

My Ride: I ride a beast on the road, a maniac on tracks!
My Profession: IT Proffesional
My Dream Ride: DUCATI

some addtional comments

Postby root on Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:04 pm

ICE is the biker dude indeed! Great info!
Here's to add on how I got my bike license (and I had never riden a bike before). I went to Belhasa driving institute on Al-Wasl road in Jumeirah and paid the fees, which got me 8 lessons and the test. They train you inside on a Honda CD 200 and make you do the 8 and the then road test...all done in inside the institute, so its easy. There's no short-cut through these 8 lessons. The instructors say that if you feel confident you can not come to the lessons but you still need to pay for them.

I hear Emirates driving institute are good at bike licenses as well and have a similar setup to Belhasas in Qusais near Sharjah.

On the bike front...thanks for the offer, but I still need to renew the registration (just got insurance yesterday evening). Also, I am travelling to Oman for the weekend, so I wont be around. But, once my bike is ready, I'm up for this definitely!
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ICE on Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:40 pm

Hey mohammed,

I just checked autodealer and gulf news there is a Honda cbr 400 on sale.

Just give the guy a call and check.
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

Postby asifadams on Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:28 pm

Thank You Thank You Thank You !!!!! :)

That was so nice of you all here.... ICE, Root, TNT and so many more gave me so much information. I am very glad and lucky to have found this forum...... Trust me, I am stuck to this forum FORVER !!!!! :P

I am all geared up and set to take classes from Jan.... Wish me good luck guys !!!!!! :wink:

ICE, Thank you for all the help.

ROOT, Thanks to you too man !!!!!

Hope to catch up with you guys soon on the road.

Mohammed.

"This Forum Rocks"
asifadams
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby ICE on Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:11 pm

@ROOT

Thanks Root!

EDI is good I got the license through them. they do have a same setup as Belhasa.

@Asif

No sweat buddy!

In case you would require insurance for your bike check the topic on Insurance under Motor Biking. We have provided some contacts they might help

Any other information required Technical or General feel free to ask. We all will try to help you as best as possible.

Regards,
ICE
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

Postby asifadams on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:53 pm

Hey Guys !!!! (Biker Dude (ICE), root, TNT :P

Hows the weekend been ? I went to this movie called 'Kabul Express', indeed it was a good movie. A glimpse of Talibs, Afganis and thier culture.

The strange part is that, this movie is for 90 minutes only !!!!!

And yes, I saw some crazy bikers at Satwa, doing wheelies and checking out some great stunts.... It was fun to watch !!!!!

Were you one among them by any chance ? :wink:

Have a great week ahead !!!!

Mohammed.
asifadams
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby T.N.T on Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:19 pm

I went for 'SAW III' on Thursday. :D It's awesome but light hearted people better stay away. :wink: :P
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

mulla omar

Postby root on Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:13 am

Were there any motorbike stunts in the movie?

The story goes that Mullah Omar (the one-eye blind leader of the Taliban) escaped from being surrounded by American troops on a motorbike. That must have been rough riding.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:02 pm

Hmmm, seems like you guys are Pakis/Indians ? :roll:
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion