Bike Driving License

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

Postby Brembo on Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:55 pm

wear it and you will know the reason why. depending on the shape of your head, for some its an excellent fit and well worth the $$$, its really light too.
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby T.N.T on Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:16 pm

And yeah, Arai = StreetCred
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:22 am

Ok..did some reading, and now am a more learned man!

Some clippings....

Arai motorcycle crash helmets came out tops in the 2004 annual JD Power and Associates customer satisfaction survey in the United States for the seventh year in a row.
The most difficult accreditation to achieve is that of the Snell Foundation, named after racing driver William "Pete" Snell, who died when his helmet failed to do its job in 1956. Every Arai motorcycle helmet on the market exceeds the highest Snell specification.
Arai helmets are virtually hand-made, one at a time, and all compete at the upper end of the market.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Pacific on Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:36 pm

You can call Arai the Aston Martin of helmets there are other Porsche and Ferrari in helmets (pun intended). You can get a Harley helmet for 450 - 1200 AED and they are really good. HJC supplies helmets for HD. Other brands are Shoie, AGV, M2R.

My advice will be to buy a helmet depending on the bike you will be buying - Racer or Cruiser. I used to have a Dragstar 650 cc and inspite of the fact that Yamaha has Shoie brand helmets I went for a HD helmet as they look good and have very nice fit.

Try to get a helmet which has a good snug fit and tie a bandana under the helmet if you apply hair cream. It will not damage the inner lining and you dont have to clean it too often.
Pacific
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby majedd on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:13 pm

Nolan helmets are besrt although i have an AGV i tried thr nolan it so damn light AGV isl like u having to carry a wieght on your head :x
majedd

Previous

Return to Motor Biking