Request for assistance on buying a vehicle

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Request for assistance on buying a vehicle

Postby Nasim on Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:17 pm

Hi all, I am interested in buying a second hand vehicle from UAE and exporting it to Dushanbe, Tajikistan. Can anybody help me to find offers for a (a) Land Rover Freelander, or (b) Toyota Fortuner, or (c) Honda Inspire, or (d) Honda Legend (manufacture year: 2001 above)
The budget I have is USD10,000. I have a fear that I can not find Toyota Fortuner cheap, but may be good offer make me interested to find more money.
Finally, I under stand that all vehicles that are exported could be cheaper as the cost of registration, insurance, etc will be excluded. I am able to find a shipping company that can help me with export of the vehicle, if the seller/dealer can not offer this option for me.
Will appreciate your assistance,
Sincerely
Nassim :)
Nasim Davlatshoev
Nasim

Postby T.N.T on Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:57 pm

http://www.exim-star.com/

This may solve your problem. They are importers and exporters of cars. Locally based.
BTW, are you living in Dubai?
And secondly, how will you take it by ship? Tajikistan doesn't have link to sea.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

smart

Postby root on Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:43 pm

TNT...that was a good question :) .
I am also wondering how does one send to Dushanbe.
It must be through Afghanistan via Pakistan or Iran.
Or maybe its only air-cargo?

On the Fortuner, I doubt you will find any old ones. Try for Hilux Surf as they are built on the same platform.

Is it left hand or right hand in Tajikistan?
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Nasim on Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:54 pm

Hi all - thanks for the reply. Though currently I have not find any vehicle that suites my requirements, i have logged a request with the company. Usually, the vehciles are shipped to Dushanbe, Tajikistan by track or railways through Uzbekistan. We do run mainly LHD type of vehicles. another web-site that made me interested is [url]www.japanesevehciles.com which exports mainly japanese vehicels they are good and cheep but is costly to get it to Tajikistan, plus they are RHD type.

I am now in Odessa on mission but am looking to bring in a car to home country. Have my country mates in Dubai who can help me with car inspection and shipment.... :)

Cheers,[/u]
Nasim Davlatshoev
Nasim

Return to Car Buying Advice