My recommendations

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

My recommendations

Postby Ferrari on Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:09 am

Being the first one here, I recommend:

4x4: Toyota Prado or Mitsubishi Pajero or Nissan Pathfinder
Sedan: Cheap - Honda Accord or Mazda 6
Sedan: Not so cheap - Lexus LS 400 or BMW 5 series

Remember in UAE....best 2nd hand value is Japanese, then European and then US vehicles. Toyota is always a good bet here.

If you want to pick up cheap good cars that have fallen down a lot, then look at Alfa Romeo, Ford and big-ass BMW and Mercedes....you get a lot of car for your money!

Hey..these are my suggestions....always do your research before you buy!
Ferrari
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby Guest on Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:38 pm

My 2 cents on this topic!
If you are looking for good resale value, stick to Toyota, Honda and Nissan. (Boring!)

If you want to buy 2nd hand, old BMWs, Peugoets, Mercs are good buys.

If you want to buy monster-big-engine-fuel-guzzlers that you would not be able to afford anywhere else due to fuel prices then go for 2nd hand american cars. You can pick up a mustang really cheap. The durango, ford explorer, jimmy are all very nice 4x4s at a steal.

If you're a family person with kids, get 2 cars: a 4x4 for the wife (you'll feel more at ease with her using this and dropping off the kids) and occassional dune bashing, and as the 2nd buy a second-hand of the car you've always dreamt of - mustang, M5, boxster, ferrari, alfa,etc.etc.
yes, second hands are temperamental, but you have already one reliable car in the house, and if you can't buy your dream car being in UAE then you'll probably never be able to buy it.

Postby Guest on Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:12 pm

how much would be a 2003-04 mazda 6? second hand?

Postby dayani on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:34 pm

hey i got a mazda 6 2003 if ur interested let me know!!
dayani
Dragster
Dragster

Return to Car Buying Advice