which car to buy honda or nissan

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

which car to buy honda or nissan

Postby dusam on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Dear Friends,
I am new to Dubai and want to buy new car for me...
Currently I am not clear :? which car i should buy...Honda Accord or Nissan Altima...

Please advise with some good reasoning.. :lol: :idea:
dusam

My Ride: I ride Toyota camry and Cheverolet Caprise
My Profession: sales manager
My Dream Ride: Ferrari

Re: which car to buy honda or nissan

Postby azi malik on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:22 am

give us ur budget and what are the things that you need from a car?
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Postby dusam on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:52 am

Budget is little flexible but dont wanna go above 100,000 AED (which includes everything - car+insurance+everything else)....lesser is better though...

Usually there wont be much travelling just office to home...which is like 20 km a day but there will be frequent travel to Abu dhabhi and Al-ain you can say twice a month. So need a powerful car with good safety features (safety is most important - No of Air bags and good ABS).

A car with good resale value is nice to have cause i would like to change car after every 3 yrs...

Other secondary features like interiors and plus benifits of free service /warranty will have very little influance on final decision to buy a car
dusam

My Ride: I ride Toyota camry and Cheverolet Caprise
My Profession: sales manager
My Dream Ride: Ferrari

Postby root on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:39 am

Dusam,
Both the Accord and Altima would fit your budget. Even the Nissan Maxima or Toyota camry would fit in that budget and fall into similar range of vehicles. Resale wise Camry, followed by the Accord/Altima.

If you're into safety, maybe a 'larger' vehicle like a 4x4 would be worth looking into. The Mitsu Pajero is probably the only that fit/comes close to budget among the known ones. They have always some good warranty/service deals going on.

Another alternative is to go second-hand, and then worth looking into a 2-3 year old Audi A6/A8 or BMW 3/5 series. Sometimes you can find gems for under 100k, specially in Audi (as the price depreciates really fast here). Here, you get a lot of car for your dirhams. But at same time you will lose more while selling.

If you want to stay safe, buy new, and if I was in your position, I would go with Accord V6. I like Hondas and their comfort and reliability. Less bling factor, but hey, its a good reliable ride.

Not sure if I confused you more :)
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby azi malik on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 am

what about hyundai sonata... please please listen 1st... though its not a car from the market... but the benefits and features you get is almost insane... they are trying to keep up with the c series and 3 series of mercedes and bmw.... and you might think of chevrolet cruze too... i dont like it that much personally... '

do think over the new kia sportage that broke all the safety standards and was suv of the year 2011 i guess... and now range rover some what copied its design which failed miserably
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Postby root on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Well, Azi has a point!
Let's not forget the Koreans...they do give you a lot for your hard-earned dirhams!

The Kia range is good and comes with all the frills in the cars, as well as warranty packages. The dealer in UAE for Kia/Hyundai suck, or have a bad reputation on their service standard. If you can live with that, their entire range is an option.

Not only the Sonata, but all their SUV range almost from Kia/Hyundai will fit in your budget as well as the sedans. If you go with Koreans, I would recommend the SUVs like Tucson, Santa Fe, Sorento - they tend to have better resale here than the sedans.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby alexbrown044 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi azi malik,

If you want to an advice to buy a car so without any reason buy nissan altima. nissan have awesome color and you know nissan altima is Nissan's first hybrid car. exelent suspension , millage everything is gona be great in this car. this car's models launched some part of the world.
alexbrown044

My Ride: karizma zmr
My Profession: student
My Dream Ride: hayabusha

Postby kayseegrant on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:44 am

It is simple to buy or sell car at the right dealership. Indian car conglomerate Tata Motors is recognized for creating the Nano, the world's least expensive car, also as owning Jaguar and Land Rover. The Tata Nano costs only $2,500 brand new and the bare-bones box on tiny wheels is getting remodeled before going on sale in many European countries and the U.S. in a short time.
kayseegrant

My Ride: Will update later
My Profession: update later
My Dream Ride: update later

Return to Car Buying Advice