Wheelchair accessible vehicle or nine seaters in UAE

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Wheelchair accessible vehicle or nine seaters in UAE

Postby DGalanouli on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:55 am

Hi there, we are moving to Abu Dhabi soon and have been trying to find out if it is possible to buy a wheelchair access vehicle (WAV) in UAE.. so far we have been unable to find any such vehicle so i have been wondering if, alternatively, there would be any nine seaters such as Opel Vivaro or Peugeot Transporter?? i understand that these vehicles have a last row of seats which can be folded up for a wheelchair to fit in with the help of a ramp.. any advice would be greatly appreciated as we come from the UK where WAVs are very common and we find it very strange that we cannot find anything in the UAE considering it is one of the most advanced middle eastern countries and disabled facilities seem to be more advanced than usual!!! even a company which was doing conversions of standard cars for wheelchair access seems to have closed down!! thanks D
DGalanouli

My Ride: SEAT Alhambra
My Profession: Research Fellow
My Dream Ride: Land Rover

Re: Wheelchair accessible vehicle or nine seaters in UAE

Postby root on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:17 am

Hey! Welcome to the forums!

Now that you mention it, you are probably right. I've not seen many WAV vehicles during the many years here, although one would expect to see them. I am sure you can specially order these through the dealers of Peugeot or others if they make these commercially. You'll probably have a waiting period for this though.

You might want to email the Dubai Center for Special needs dcsneeds@emirates.net.ae and see if someone there can help/guide you on this as they definitely have dealt with a similar issue for their organization.

Or another place maybe to inquire can be here: http://www.hga-uae.org.ae/arabic/contact_us.php but the site is in Arabic. You can put name in first line, email in other, and then your inquiry - hopefully the reader would be able to read English.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby DGalanouli on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:29 pm

many thanks for this info.. it is very frustrating how difficult it seems to be over there as here in the UK there are so many alternatives for special needs people.. will follow up your leads and see how it goes..
DGalanouli

My Ride: SEAT Alhambra
My Profession: Research Fellow
My Dream Ride: Land Rover

Postby Lance on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:35 pm

hi, we do have this product now in UAE. You can contact us thru this number 02 5548331.
Look for Allan.
Lance

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Accountant
My Dream Ride: FORD PICK-UP

Postby zahidrk on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi,
I'm interested to by a WAV. I will appreciate if I can get some information where to look for it. Also if I can get information how make my existing vehicle " Toyota Land Cruiser 2006 " for accessible to a disable person.
Thanks
zahidrk

My Ride: Toyota land cruiser 2006
My Profession: Airline pilot
My Dream Ride: Any SUV

Postby lanskie98 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:08 am

Hi there!

Yes, indeed, its possible. Can you give me your mobile number? Or you can call our office 971 2 548331, look for Walid, he is the sales agent for this or look for me Allan.

This modification is not yet in the market before, most of the vehicle you will see with this lifts in UAE are bought in europe and america. But now, we can modifiy the private vehicles to have easy asses for person with special needs.

Furturemore, our company also modify the requirements of Oil & Gas Vechiles, Security Vehicles, Construction Vechiles, Mobile Vehicles Workshop, Safari Vehicles and other things as per customer needs which inline also with vehicle safety.

You can visit our website www.blackscorpion4x4.com and email us at info@blackscorpion4x4.com
lanskie98

My Profession: Accountant
My Dream Ride: Mercedez

Postby soniasam on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi. Please contact me with your specific inquiry. We sell all kinds of wheelchair accessible vehicles, personal and passenger transport. Email me at sonia@mercurymotors.net. thanks.
soniasam

My Ride: FORD EDGE, 2013
My Profession: TRADER
My Dream Ride: yamaha yzf r6

Postby jacky374 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:12 pm

it is very frustrating how difficult it seems to be over there as here in the UK there are so many alternatives for special needs people..
jacky374

My Profession: NO any
My Dream Ride: NO any

Return to Car Buying Advice