Renault convertible?

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Renault convertible?

Postby David Jensen on Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:15 pm

Is Renault a good buy for UAE?
I have had Renault before and like them. I have also heard good reviews of the new renault convertible, but have not seen that many renaults in UAE.
How good is the resale and service?

David J
David Jensen

porche911

Postby Si on Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:56 pm

interested inpurchasing porche911. any contributions!!!
Si

Postby TheEditor on Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:26 pm

First Renault Megane Cabriolet!
I rented the Renault Megane hatchback a couple of years back for one weeks drive through northern Europe! Really liked the car and was surprised of never really hearing much about it. The new Megane is supposed to be a good sturdy car.

Checked with Arabian Automobiles who are the Renault agents and it will cost you around AED 90k which is fairly reasonable price for such a car.
However, at this price range you can also look into the Peugeot 307 cab, or even the Mazda MX-5 (new model coming out).

Renault is a new and not so popular car in UAE, so the second-hand market of it is unknown. If the car is a hit, then you might have a real good 2nd hand market given the short supply.
TheEditor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Porsche 911

Postby TheEditor on Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:32 pm

Now Porsche 911!

Is there any doubt in anyones mind that this is probably the best sports car to get??
Unlike other top-end sports cars you can drive his baby for 20 years and it will still feel great. Its got a great engine, great suspension, great power!

Resale wise this car keeps its value like no other sports car. Just check it out:
http://www.autodealer.ae/plugins/ad/qss ... tegory=all
TheEditor
Site Admin
Site Admin

porche 911

Postby si on Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:53 pm

dear ed

thanx for the website. greatly appreciated.

regards
si

Postby TheEditor on Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:02 am

Si,
Thanks and tell your friends about us!
Also, you should register and share your thoughts on the Forum as well! Its a community thing...we share our ideas and thoughts :)

Let us know what you think of the 911!
TheEditor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Renault - NON, Porsche - OUI!

Postby Guest on Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:15 pm

I'm surprised by your comments because lately I've seen a hell of a lot of them driving around, but why would you want to go for a renault when there's so much more on offer in this market??

Si, there's a boxter advertised on the homepage, have to checked it out? Low mileage and I'm guessing that the owner is leaving the country so you can probably swing a good deal!

Kahn

Re: Renault convertible?

Postby hamiltonjensson on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:46 am

Any convertible car in UAE is a great car. But you may need to take the roof down once sand starts coming inside your car and that would be a very big problem.
hamiltonjensson
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Mechanic
My Dream Ride: Mazda RX-8

Return to Car Buying Advice