supra

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

supra

Postby mohmmad111 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:27 am

I am looking into getting a toyota supra from 94-99 model.
What is the best place to import it from? Japan, canada? or is it better to get a local one? am looking for targa & i don't care for if it's turbo or not
and can u tell me the average price plz...
mohmmad111

supras

Postby root on Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:27 pm

Hey...you dont see many supras around here...actually I was amazed myself. Even if you go to Al-Futtaim they dont have any supras on display. Dont know why it is so.

I've seen supras posted on autodealer.ae ranging between 40-60k with mid-90s models. Try searching and seeing whats there.

Anyhow, I would think that you are better off to import from Japan, but it might be difficult to get a LHD. So, US/Canada/Germany might be better options. You will need to mod it for gulf weather.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: supras

Postby mohmmad111 on Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:51 am

root wrote:I've seen supras posted on autodealer.ae ranging between 40-60k with mid-90s models. Try searching and seeing whats there.

Anyhow, I would think that you are better off to import from Japan, but it might be difficult to get a LHD. So, US/Canada/Germany might be better options. You will need to mod it for gulf weather.

:D thank's for helping
can u show me how to import one from u.s,germany or canada :( . & do u know how much it's going to cost me :?: (range) ,& what kind of mod. does it need??? :!: :!:
waiting 4 replay :arrow:
mohmmad111

am not a dealer

Postby root on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:28 pm

Hey Mohammaed,
I can guide you on what can be done...but I am not a car dealer.

To import from abroad is always tricky. You can either try to find a honest seller (but dont take risks) to send you the car, but better is to go and see the car yourself. Given that the models of Supras are not that expensive, so it may not justify the cost of the trip. If you are buying a high end merc or bmw, then it makes sense to pay the trip cost.

My suggestion would be to find yourself a dealer who will be able to import you the vehicle. They should be able to provide you some kind of guarantee that you will get what you want, and you can pay locally.

All in all, my suggestion would be to go to Al-Awir and talk to a few of the dealers there.

To check out prices of vehicles in US and Germany, look at Ebay Motors. That will give you a good idea of the price range to expect.

The actual transport cost is not that high normally and varies depending on how you transport it (with container or without). Dealers are able to guide you here. If there is a dealer that imports a lot of vehicles, the average cost of transport will go down.

Hope this helps!
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Car Buying Advice