Exporting Volvo from UAE to Germany

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Exporting Volvo from UAE to Germany

Postby Jenno on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:43 pm

I have just arrived home to Munich after spending 5months in Dubai...and it's cold here.

noticing that the volvo XC90 is fairly cheap in the UAE compared to back in Germany, I was wondering if anybody has had any experience in exporting vehicles to Europe.

what I would like to do is:

buy a volvo xc90 from Dubai - 50,000dhms
ship from Dubai to Germany - 1000dhms
collect at the port and no doubt pay a tax....but how much?
register the car
put it through it's mot/Tüv
drive it/sell it
do the same again.

it's the import tax I am concerned about and all the paperwork involved for the 1st time.

any help, advice, or support would be great

merry christmas

you can also contact me on
vince@vincejones.eu
Jenno

My Ride: BMW 1series 118i
My Profession: Manager in Luxury Yacht Interiors
My Dream Ride: Range Rover Sport

Re: Exporting Volvo from UAE to Germany

Postby root on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Sounds like a good idea and business plan!

For import and taxes you need to check from the German customs. Can't be that much given that Germans have been lobbying all other countries to reduce their import tax regime on cars.

The issue I see is that EURO 3 (or something like that) requirements and the German TUV.
If the Volvo you buy is same spec as they sell in the EU, then you're ok. But its not certain that all models are the same.

I know from another guy on this forum that even Audi and VW's exported from Germany to UAE do not have all the required EU environmental checks, and he had to get another kit for 3-4k EUR installed before it was 'passed'.

The other cost you may have is going to be the heater/defogger options that the northern European models normally have. Heated seats would be nice :)
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Jenno on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:23 pm

a couple of good points you have there root, could be more trouble than it's worth to buy and sell here, thanks for your input

VJ
Jenno

My Ride: BMW 1series 118i
My Profession: Manager in Luxury Yacht Interiors
My Dream Ride: Range Rover Sport

Postby jou on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:40 am

I am a new member in Autodealer UAE's forum and happen to stumble into your post about purchase of Volvo xc90 for export to Germany.

I would want to know which make / model of the Volvo xc90 would 50,000 dhms be able to purchase.

I intended ordering for my personal use a Volvo xc90 from Dubai, also and would appreciate if you can avail me with contacts of dealers you patronize in dubai.

Thank you as i look forward to hearing from you.

Jou
jou

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Business
My Dream Ride: car

Postby root on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:48 am

Well, if you want to see what you can buy for 50k AED, then use the Advanced Search feature on this site and see what you get. As the new xc90 is around 180-200k, I would think that you are looking at a 2004-5 model. You never know though - Volvo has a pretty bad resale over here in general. The XC90 might be an exception as I see that many expats seem to like it. Anyhow, the search would be the best place to start your search.

We don't patronize any dealers. The official dealers of Volvo are Al-Futtaim. You can sometimes get good deals off their staff vehicles. But I doubt they will be that cheap.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby jou on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Thanks alot for the response. I will certainly do the needful.
jou

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Business
My Dream Ride: car

Return to Car Buying Advice