2009 Mazda CX-9

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

2009 Mazda CX-9

Postby helenam on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi,we are looking to get a 7 seat car and this one is just lovely. Can you give me some feedback on how these do in UAE and also in general on how the Mazda (Galadari) service is in Dubai? Thanks H
helenam

My Ride: Mitsubishi Outlander
My Profession: house wife
My Dream Ride: Honda Pilot

Re: 2009 Mazda CX-9

Postby root on Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:16 am

The CX-9 is a nice vehicle! Most people owning have had good reviews about it. Its good value for money, and a nice looking SUV as well.

Its not that popular! Well, Mazda is not a big brand here. Galadari service - mixed reviews, but about the same as most other japanese brands (i.e. could be better).

Are you looking at brand new or used? If new, make sure you get some good service packages with it, as all the other competitors are offering that.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Brembo on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:17 pm

car is good, the dealer is horrible. though once you shout and scream at them they slowly start doing something.
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby helenam on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:47 pm

This is what I am worried about,dealership is one of the reasons why I am changing
cars.Do you reckon Galadari is worse or better then Habtoor?
helenam

Postby elcondo1 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:18 pm

CX 9 is a great vehicle--Mazda's top-of-the range after all. Galadari service? Well, what can I say?

Generally speaking it's not a good idea to shout and scream (anywhere) as they may look chastened, but there's a lot of things they can do to your car that you can't see. My trick (always works) is to attach yourself to one of the service managers and deal with him like he's a long-lost friend. Then they'll go out of their way to help you out and accomodate you wherever possible. Always smile, wave and act like the entire lot of them are your friends.

My suggestion: get all major services done at the dealer's, but smaller services like oil/filter change etc should be done outside (e.g., at petrol stations...Adnoc prices are about 50% that of Eppco or Emarat). Also, familiarise yourself with service costs (Galadari has a list of A-Type, B-Type etc...simple and easy to digest) before you purchase the vehicle, so you know what you're letting yourself in for.

Service costs seem moderate and comparable (I think) to other Japanese brands, but are far better than Juma Al Majid (Kia/Hyundai) for example, who charge an arm and a leg.

For parts change, buy the parts at Mazda's parts shop (you'll get a standard discount) and get the fitting done at a trusted mechanic. You could save about 50% overall.

(Note: if you do smaller services at Galadari, you'll not only end up paying more, but there'll be about 5 things wrong with your vehicle that weren't there in the first place. Apart from not having your vehicle for 2 days, as opposed to 20 minutes in and out at an Adnoc station.)
elcondo1
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: Mazda 6 Sport Touring
My Profession: Visual Communications
My Dream Ride: Raptor

Postby azi malik on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:35 pm

agree with elcondo1 all the way
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Postby helenam on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 am

Thanks for your feedback guys!
helenam

Postby best_carsGuru on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi guys, i totally agree that cx-9 is a great car for all the family.
about the dealer-i had no problem with it when i had mazda6..but i agree some things need to be done by a professional, don't even try to handle with oil filters-it costs cheap to change/repair it...and you don't have to waste time trying to do it.
best_carsGuru

My Profession: teacher
My Dream Ride: audi r8

Postby davidsrichard on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:21 am

Compared to it's parent brand Ford I like Mazda better. I choose Japanese made cars rather than having an American brand on my garage. The vehicle is very striking the body lines alone is aerodynamically sculpted so it can cut through air and drive faster.
davidsrichard
Rookie
Rookie

My Profession: Mechanic
My Dream Ride: Honda Civic

Return to Car Buying Advice