buying used car

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

buying used car

Postby strollerguy77 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi.. I have worked before in saudi arabia for 10 years and have just recently moved here in abu dhabi under the sponsorship of my wife. Presently i am unemployed. I got my UAE driving license last month. i would like to know if i can buy a used car here and have it transferred to my name even though i am not yet employed locally. i heard that an employment certificate is necessary for the transfer of vehicle registration. also, are there agencies here in abu dhabi that deal with paper works or transferring of vehicle registration for a fee? in saudi arabia, there are lots of them. i wonder if it exists also here. please enlighten me. thanks...
strollerguy77

My Ride: Toyota Camry
My Profession: administration
My Dream Ride: Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Re: buying used car

Postby root on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:17 am

Hey! Welcome to the discussion forums!

As long as you have a valid driving license and residence visa, you can put the car on your name. Many people I know have registered cars on their wives that don't work but are on spouse visa (as they have almost maxed out on black points, or don't want their wives black points on them).

The process is pretty simple in UAE. I don't have first hand Abu Dhabi experience, but it's probably similar to Dubai, where you can get it all done yourself without much hassle. In Abu Dhabi I think you need to go to Muroor or Traffic police. Hearsay, there is one on 27th street.

Before you go there make sure you take all that is needed, like insurance on your name, passport copies. You will probably need to get some form typed over there for the transfer.

In Dubai, I normally go to Tasjeel at ENOC or EPPCO pumps. They also have a 'VIP Service' for the lazy, where you just keep sitting and someone does everything for you that is located at the registration offices.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby azi malik on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:30 pm

nice info root... tax :D
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Postby strollerguy77 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:15 pm

hey root... thanks so much for sharing me your time. it's wonderful to have people like you enlightening someone like me... your advice/info is great! i'll keep that in mind. keep up the good work.. :)
strollerguy77

My Ride: Toyota Camry
My Profession: administration
My Dream Ride: Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Postby azi malik on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:15 pm

hey!! be regular on our forums!!! who knows u might help us on various other thins :)
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Postby kslavanna on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Hello, everybody!
I can offer you to purchase a Salvage car from the auction in the United States.
Copart is a worlwide famous auto auction.
Since most of us are on a perpetual lookout for a good deal on a wrecked and salvage auction cars I figured I would attempt to put here the address that I am using that sells salvageable cars and bikes:
http://www.easyexport.us/?a_aid=4a1bd8ed9ed61
Copart has a network of resellers that provide you with a personal account to bid on-line on any car you like. Along with the offer there will be mentioned the condition of a car. Also if a salvage car is sold with a clean title it is possible to ship a car for export.
ING Solutions LLC is a registered Copart Reseller. Membership is only $150 for the whole year. Our trial registration is free, no registration fee is required, just the initial security deposit of $400 which is fully refundable at any time. It is valid for 15 days.Then it's $200 transaction fee per car if you buy one. As soon as the payment is provided, you will receive the access in seconds!
You will not have to worry about shipping services as our partner Bidux LLC does it all, including export services!
There are a lot of people from the United Arab Emirates who purchased Salvage cars from Copart auto auctions in the USA with the assistance of ING Solutins LLC. If you need more info please give us a call at +1 708-755-4149 or e-mail: info@easyexport.us.
Thank you for your time.
Best regards,
Take your chance to try something new and reliable!
Good luck!
kslavanna

My Profession: auto dealer
My Dream Ride: 2010 BMW X6

Postby contessa on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:26 pm

hello im lebanese but please if someone may help me i need to buy an infiniti fx50 from dubai but i need to know which used car dealership can i contact.
thx for your help
contessa

My Ride: infinitifx35
My Profession: college student
My Dream Ride: bugatti veyron

Postby dashboard09 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:48 am

..ohh.. very nice info. I am planning to buy a used fords. And that's the only question in my mind. Thank you so much for enlighten me also. I should be aware of that .
dashboard09

My Profession: none
My Dream Ride: fortuner

Postby gen-worx on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:28 pm

Mitsubishi have recently launched the facelifted Outlander and the company has set an target to sell around 1000 cars in till September.You will know more about the car than if you purchased from a dealer and may be able to negotiate a sweeter deal. Car makers have realized that the used car market can generate very high revenues.
By giving the car a detailed inspection inside and out you will be able to save yourself a huge amount of money on a Porsche 911 Carrera in the long run.Anyone interested in a used porsche parts rather than a new one can save you a serious amount of money and if you are careful and know what to look for, the difference in new and used can be nominal.

Image Image
gen-worx

My Ride: Genesis coupe
My Profession: Auto Parts Business
My Dream Ride: Car

Postby root on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Are you guys just spamming?

Lemme edit your messages and take our your hyperlink URLs :)
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Car Buying Advice