Cruze

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Cruze

Postby dubaiexpat on Sun May 16, 2010 9:15 am

Dear Forum admins & users..
I am planning to by a Car...can you tell me how good a car is Chevrolet Cruze..
Do Chevrolet have a good resale value out here in UAE..

Thanks for your advice..
dubaiexpat

My Profession: IT Consultant
My Dream Ride: .

Re: Cruze

Postby root on Mon May 17, 2010 8:05 am

Welcome to the Forums!

The Cruze is a new model, so its hard to say much about how good it is and its resale value.
In general Chevrolet and other American makes command a poor resale value as compared to their Japanese counterparts. Unless this vehicle is dramatically different in quality and build, I do not see that perception around resale to change with this model either.

I would suggest that you take it for a test drive, and then compare it against Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla, and even Mazda 3. These are its rivals within the same segment. The Japanese models, specially Corolla and Civic have very good resale (in comparison that is).
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby dubaiexpat on Mon May 17, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks Root...
I know Civic is far better in this category..but there basic model is priced at 70k, whereas I am getting 2nd most model of Cruze with alloys..steering controls..driver info system + free insurance at 59 K..

will test drive it this week and post my comments...Tx..

If any1 else have Cruze in this forum then pls post back your feedback...

Tx..
dubaiexpat

My Profession: IT Consultant
My Dream Ride: .

Postby Brembo on Mon May 17, 2010 12:39 pm

if the other cheap small/midsize chevrolet cars are anything to compare by, id say avoid the cruze.
those cars fall apart very soon and you will face many visits to the dealership. resale is also horrible.
why not get a tiida? im sure its available for under 55k
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby WSF on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:36 am

I think the cruze is a massive improvement from chevrolet... I mean look at its predecessor the chevy optra which was a car i liked, reminded me of the hyundai elantra.. It wasnt well built like a japanese car but it was priced cheaper, reliable, good A/C and cheap to maintain bascially a car that does its job well.. I sat inside the cruse and the car is quite well built and genuine from the inside..

Both are made by daewoo and sold with a chevy badge...
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Return to Car Buying Advice