DIESEL CAR

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

DIESEL CAR

Postby walidelmouden on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:14 pm

HELLO
i am looking to buy a diesel car from uae this summer, i did some research and i asked some friends about that, but all of them the says the same thing , they ve never came across a diesel car before,
so basicaly am looking for someone to help out, to find a diesel car which should be european with a price range (4000$ to 8000$)

thank you for your time :D
walidelmouden

My Ride: golf5 tdi
My Profession: CIVIL ENG
My Dream Ride: c-brabus

Re: DIESEL CAR

Postby root on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:58 am

Walid! Welcome to the forums!

The reason you don't see many diesel cars here is that the diesel here is not really good enough for most of the cars - like the ones sold in Europe. The gulf diesel has very high sulfur content which causes a lot of issues on diesel engines like the TDIs from VW/Audi or Peugeots.

The only diesel vehicles you will see are some of the bigger 4x4s or maybe the 12 cylinder VW/Audi SUVs...also not many of those.

Another factor is that Diesel has been more expensive than petrol here, so no one has really seen the need to get those even if they had worked.

What are you planning to do with the Diesel car anyway? Export? To where? There are environmental regulations in some countries you need to be aware of.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:18 pm

Impossible to find a diesel car here.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby ReAlisT on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:47 am

All depends what kind of Diesel you want saloon or 4x4 and for export (LHD or RHD) ?
I have found plenty of 4x4 diesels in Al Awir LHD and RHD, specially RHD at very good prices and brand new! I heard that LHD 4x4 diesels would required special business permits, I'm not sure if this still counts, but in Al Awir a sales man told me I could get the LHD diesel with no problem?!?!(apparently those salesmen aren't very trustworthy).

Like root said the diesel here has a very high sulphur content, I'm only considering to get a diesel to create a bio fuel car. :mrgreen:
ReAlisT
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: Seat Leon FR
My Profession: Automotive Photographer
My Dream Ride: Landcruiser 79 V8 converted camper

Postby walidelmouden on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:49 pm

thanks you guys for your replys
i need the diesel car for export to morocco, and the diesel is half price the fuel, and the fuel is about 2$per litre thats why people prefer diesel than fuel for economic reason,
the think is that if i found someone who can get me diesel cars any small cylinders, it doesn t matter if its saloon suv ..... the consumption should be low; than we can do a good longterm buisness
by the way i found some ads in this forum about a mercedes e series and a bmw
5series but the ads was posted in 2007,
what is the difference between LHD and RHD ?
and whats the issue that the sulfur cause and whats should be changed in the engine?
and can i buy a car with a touristic visa ??
thanks you guys, you are realy helpful
walidelmouden

My Ride: golf5 tdi
My Profession: CIVIL ENG
My Dream Ride: c-brabus

Postby fadi khan on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:39 pm

About the LHD and RHD thing:
LHD= Left hand Drive.
RHD= Right hand Drive.

Well here it goes... as u told u want to take the car to morroco... you should see what type of cars are there in the market in Morocco? are they LHD or RHD?
Most of the cars that you will find in dubai will be LHD. However, you can import a RHD here or find a RHD already residing in UAE or just get a mechanic that would do it for u (very tough and tiring task).

Depending on the location where you are taking it... you should buy that type of car. Plus if you want a low consumption car... then you should go for small cars and saloons. Not SUVs... they will be more heavy on diesel and there will be no benefit in taking them to Morocco
fadi khan
Drifter
Drifter

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: MBA
My Dream Ride: Cygnus

Postby root on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:41 am

Wow...2007...I guess we should remove the old ads :) We leave them in for people to get good statistical price data!

I believe you can buy a car for export on a tourist visa! Atleast I see many others doing that. The export papers are mainly made by the seller and not the buyer - only the buyers name and passport details are entered.

I believe Morocco is LHD like Dubai.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby RajChand on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Of course Diesel vehicles are available in U.A.E!

LHD (Left Hand Drive) original Land Cruiser Diesel, Prado Diesel, Nissan Patrol diesel available in UAE, Oman and Saudi Arabia, either new or used, either for export or local UAE registration. All variants available, 76, 78, 79, 90, 100, 105, 120, 200

RHD (Right Hand Drive) original new or used diesel available in UAE as well!!!

Please contact me on yogencr (at) gmail (dot) com

Winch, carrier, snorkel, large jack, other fittings possible at unbeatable price.

Please contact me on yogencr (at) gmail (dot) com for your exact requirements as I deal in diesel vehicles, new or used.
RajChand
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: Toyota Corolla!!
My Profession: Vehicle Dealer
My Dream Ride: Pagani

Return to Car Buying Advice