Number Plate

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Number Plate

Postby bashiramk on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:24 pm

Friends.
I have few questions about number plate!!
If I sell my car I want keep my number plate! only selling car!
Is it possible to keep plates?
What is the prcedure for keeping plates?
How long can keep number itself with out register new car?
If I move to other GCC country (Temporary or Permenant)can I drive my Abu Dhabi Number plate car or not ?if yes with out register there how long can drive (temporary residency)?
for permenant residency what is the procedure to export car?
Thanks.
bashiramk
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: Toyota Corolla
My Profession: Technical Support
My Dream Ride: N/A

Re: Number Plate

Postby root on Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:50 pm

Woah..a lot of questions!

Yes, you can keep your number plate if you sell your car. You need to make sure you put that in the form (ask the typist) about this before you fill it up.
I think you can keep the plates for 2-3 months within which you need to put them on another car.

For temporary usage, I think you can drive without any problems as long as you have insurance in that country. This is normally checked at the border.
How long? I don't think there is any limit or way for the authorities to set a limit.

If you have permanent residency then you need to get a local driving license and plate.

Exporting a car...I would suggest you search on the forum. This topic has been discussed many many times. Its not that complicated.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Car Buying Advice