Import car from Japan / US

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Import car from Japan / US

Postby Jan on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi, I've been looking for a decent Porsche 993 for some time but to no avail in the UAE...the Carreras here are either Tiptronic, in poor condition, over-priced...and very little offers in the market to start with.

So I've turned my eye to importing one from either the US or Japan. Has anyone done this himself yet? It would be interesting to know what % for customs / import charges will be added.
Also, does anyone have a contact to a local agent / company that can support in the process? Specifically for imports from Japan?

Many thanks!
Jan

P.S.: If anyone knows of a decent 993 Carrera 2 Coupe, manual, NOT red...with full service history from new - please let me know :D
Jan
Cruiser
Cruiser

Re: Import car from Japan / US

Postby auctionexport on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:47 pm

I have been in this business for a long time and can definitely help you out. Visit www.auctionexport.com and you will receive all the required information. One of the most difficult parts of doing this business is trust and you can verify the company's credentials through various sources that are provided on the web.
auctionexport
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Ride: 2005 BMW 645CI
My Profession: Sales Manager
My Dream Ride: Pagani Zonda

Return to Car Buying Advice