AMG 20" 5 spoke alloys

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

AMG 20" 5 spoke alloys

Postby timmyjt on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:21 am

Hey all...

My new ride, the S350 L comes with the AMG sports package, which is the body kit and the 20" rims.
I have read on some blogs and sites that this could perhaps mean an uncomfortable drive? backaches?

easily bent rims? faster tire wear?

I mean i drove the test drive car of the same and I didnt feel any discomfort as such..

Anyways...kindly advice all of you....Shd i instead get the 19" rims? or what is your general advice on driving with such rims?

Thanks
timmyjt
Tuner
Tuner

My Ride: Mercedes S 350L AMG kit - Tanzanite Blue / Beige Black Intertior 22 rims
My Profession: Operations Manager
My Dream Ride: There's just too many...;-)

Re: AMG 20" 5 spoke alloys

Postby Brembo on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:31 pm

did you test drive the 20inch rims model?

there will be a difference in ride quality for 19 vs 20 inch wheels and the lower profile your tires are the more susceptible it is to getting bent if you drive fast through a pothole

tire wear should be more or less the same with either 19 or 20 and it has more to do with the way you drive and the brand of tires.

do you know the tire sizes for the 19 inch and 20 inch tires? look on the side of the tire, it will say 225/45/19 something like that.
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Return to Car Buying Advice