Want good cheap car

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Re: Want good cheap car

Postby mrehman on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:09 pm

thanks root that was helpful. if u have the time can u pls help me with something else

is a peugeot 206 '05 done 49k kms in great shape with fsh agency services, full options, alloys, sunroof etc a good idea? and wats a fair price? plus will it be really hard to service and maintain? generally wats the car like?

much appreciated any help at all. thank you
mrehman
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: hyundai matrix
My Profession: writer
My Dream Ride: golden stallion!

Re: Want good cheap car

Postby root on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:03 am

Peugeots are generally expensive to repair and parts mainly due to the fact this is not a big peugeot market. The car seems fine with the description you mentioned, and I would not pay more than 20k for that.

Just make sure you take it to some good mechanic or even peugeot itself before buying. A few hundred spent here could save you a lot if there are surprises which require major repairs. If it has FSH, then you can probably call the agency and get a drill-down of its condition by giving them its number plate. Many times they have all this information already in their computers.

Check also tires..these alone can cost you around 2k more to get new ones if they are worn out.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Previous

Return to Car Buying Advice