advice for best comfort 4*4

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

advice for best comfort 4*4

Postby pica on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:48 pm

I'll need as of January'10 a car which most of all has to be comfortable on a daily ride (1hr one way - into desert - but not really offroad). The car should behave nicely under UAE conditions obviously..

know touareg and thinking of that one. Anyone have alternative advice? (hyundai veracruz? new prado vx? q7? ml350? honda pilot?) don't really have time to test drive all - therefore hoping to get a bit of a shortlist :)

thanks
pica
pica
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: it
My Dream Ride: so far: touareg v6

Re: advice for best comfort 4*4

Postby T.N.T on Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Get the Touareg and call it a day.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby kapil on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 pm

what you are comparing is not even the same price bracket..... Veracruz and tourag??

Define comfort for you and any other considerations you might have..
kapil
Drift King
Drift King

My Ride: Wrangler YJ - 95
My Profession: ****
My Dream Ride: Sukohi Su 30-mki

Postby pica on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:05 am

comfort for me is : soft suspension which doesnt make feel the road bumps, safety margin on the road with motor/brakes (peace of mind) + 5* NCAP security rating + a ton of electronic helpers for ipod and stuff

on the touareg i'm atm looking at used ones - veracruz would be new one - so cash-wise they're all around the same (120-150k AED)
pica
Rookie
Rookie

Postby khaloods on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:32 am

Hi,

My advise is to go for new car within your range and Toyota Prado 2010 will be the best option for your requirement as it drives like a car, reliable, good resale value, strong, durable in maintainance and a new shape which will not change for 5 years.

No doubt Tourag has comfort but when its a used one you might visit Agency frequently as these are very sensitive cars, while Toyota is peace of mind specially if it is new and if it used then it should be with Agency Service History.
khaloods
Tuner
Tuner

My Ride: Looking to Ride the Pride of Land
My Profession: Telecom Consultant
My Dream Ride: Jaguar XJ

Postby pica on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:30 am

ok - thinking about the new prado as well. was in the toyota dealership saturday (s. zayed road) and left that one wondering if they actually want to sell cars... instead of praising the prado the guy wanted to sell me some "orion" car. no clue what that was about (delivery problems?). From the pricelist i'm wondering if the Prado VX is actually worth it or if it should be more the Landcruiser (but the LC is fugly :) )
pica
Rookie
Rookie

Postby khaloods on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:01 pm

The reason why he was willing to sell you Orion is they have a bulk stock for 09 models and they need to get rid of these, therefore they need to meet the target which they are unable to do so.

Why he was not prasing Prado 2010 is due to its new shape and features it will be in demand and it is in their target of 2010, so they have enough time and hope that market will pick up by April 2010.

As per my earlier post I checked the details of Grand sale, and came to know that it is a grand fool not the sale, as there is no prado except #1 09 model which is still at same price of 140k.
The advertised 84k is only for advertisement to attract customers as there is no car in stock, and by the way it was 2.7 3 door basic.

I was shocked to know that they are planing to increase the prise further in January 2010 due to Yen & $ fluctuations, " it is already over priced " how sales will meet the target God knows better there is no sale now days, they are already suffering.

There is a chance ( 50% ) that there may be some promotion or scheme in few days, this is my guess from the conversation with sales.

My ultimate advise is Prado, you will not regret, the model with good options you will get for 147k or 149k, just take a test drive or if you are in sharjah I will recomend some staff to help you in sales deal.
khaloods
Tuner
Tuner

My Ride: Looking to Ride the Pride of Land
My Profession: Telecom Consultant
My Dream Ride: Jaguar XJ

Postby pica on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi Khaloods - thanks for taking the time. Looking at the Prado's I'm under the impression that i like the new ones with the spare wheel at the back best - but this will bind me to a VX-L and far above the 149k? not sure i got this right - anyway - will be back in Dubai 26 Dec and will have to visit al futtaim again. Maybe they'll be more interested - was just wondering big time last time - assumed they won't have too many new car buyers at the moment...
pica
Rookie
Rookie

Postby root on Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Comfortable rides..Prado, Pilot among the japanese. Prado has better resale and better offroad.

Touareg is a nice car! If you can afford it, then it's a good choice. Actually with the yen going up, the price difference is actually shrinking between the VW and Japs.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby pica on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:13 pm

does anyone know how the landrover HSE compares to a touareg/prado on ride quality? about the same or some major difference?
pica
Rookie
Rookie

Postby root on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:25 am

HSE ride to me is ok..the Touareg and Prado are smoother! But I've only driven the LR HSE once so not the best judge.

The LR however has terrible resale in UAE.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:54 am

Sport HSE or Range Rover HSE? The Sport has bad ride quality, feels like you are sitting on planks.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Return to Car Buying Advice