Fixing 3rd party accessories / equipment - Abu Dhabi

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Fixing 3rd party accessories / equipment - Abu Dhabi

Postby lin24 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:39 pm

Hi all,

If I want to get 3rd party accessories fitted - eg sat-nav system, what workshops are reputable for this kind of work?

I'm looking for Abu Dhabi in particular - I heard about some place called Yellow Hat in Dubai - does it have a branch or a similar outfit in AUH?

Do the workshops themselves provide the equipment? Does it void the car warranty?
lin24
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Ride: First time car buyer
My Profession: Exec
My Dream Ride: MINI

Re: Fixing 3rd party accessories / equipment - Abu Dhabi

Postby root on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:20 am

Yellow Hat is more of an accessories store - a japanese chain!
They have a shop in Times Square Mall (just after Mall of Emirates on Sh Zayed Road, if you are coming from Dubai). They have a pretty good demo area for their music systems.
They have their own workshop or hook-up with workshops to do installations. Don't know if they have an outfit in Abu Dhabi.

Everyone in Abu Dhabi normally goes to Musaffa area to get car stuff. There are also a bunch of shops on Salam street as you get closer to Abu Dhabi 11th street upwards to corniche.

Warranty void? Depends on what you do. I don't think a sat-nav system installation should or would void warranty of your engine and other parts not effected. You might want to read the small print though. Or just keep your old music system handy in case you need to temporary re-install it :)
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Car Buying Advice