Pajero(3.8) 2008 Vs Fortuner(4.0) 2009...CX9

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Pajero(3.8) 2008 Vs Fortuner(4.0) 2009...CX9

Postby Kingz on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:05 am

Hi All,

Need Help in making a decision. I have moved to bahrain from Abu Dhabi! I'm planning to get a 4WD here. My budget is 120K can stretch it to 130K max on the road.
Mainly it would only be City Driving ...So looking for a family SUV (7 Seats) with a Good Resale!

The fortuner with fabric seats & no navigation or DVD player looks like the middle option ( Toyota guys here claim this is the top model ) is available for the same price as the Pajero which comes with a 6 CD changer, a DVD player and Leather seats.
1) Is the Pajero being a 2008 model a good deal ?
2) Any idea on resale value of the Pajero in Bahrain? I know that the Pajero has a good resale in UAE equal to the Fortuner!!
3)How about the CX9! Any idea on the resale value of the Mazda CX9 in Bahrain ? Seeing a lot of Cx9 on the roads here!

Any help/advise much appreciated!

Also the Toyota Guys here tell me that the Prado GX is no more in production and 2010 will only be having a new model of the Prado VX available.

Thanks and Regds.....
Kingz

Re: Pajero(3.8) 2008 Vs Fortuner(4.0) 2009...CX9

Postby root on Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:16 am

Its difficult to say about the Bahraini market. If its anything like Saudi, then American cars are also valid options to select from.

All 3 are valid and good choices, and fit within your budget.

The Prado VX is currently going for 115-120k brand new is what people are telling me. I don't know if it was just a promotion, or they have really reduced prices. I would go with this if it holds in Bahrain. Only downside is that the shape will probably change in 2010, as this shape has run its 5-6 years.

The CX-9 is a nice city SUV, and comes with all the frills - leather seats, bose speakers, at the same price! Resale wise, you need to check the local classifieds and gauge the price depreciation.

If only doing city driving, the Honda MR-V is another choice. Not very popular here for some reason (maybe not too good offroading), but very popular in US and its a Honda.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Kingz on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks Root! The 2nd hand value of the American vehicles here is same as in the UAE. Think the Toyota's rule the market when it comes to Resale Values!

The Prado Vx full options is going for 15,600 BD here (approx AED156,000) and they dont have any other options other than Full Options :)!

Okay will have a look araound again... Will keep everyone posted!
Kingz

Postby root on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:16 pm

I guess the recession has not hit as bad in Bahrain!

For 156k, I would opt for the Armada! Its big, but great power, great comfort..and comes with reverse cams so parking ain't that bad anymore.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Car Buying Advice