Porsche + audi buying advice

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Porsche + audi buying advice

Postby Orangebubble on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:51 pm

Im considering buying a PDK 911 S vs Audi S5. Ive only been down to the Audi showroom to take a look at the A5 which is very similar to the S5 and Ive pick up a catalogue. Salesmen were shit btw, but thats typical car dealerships in Dubai, "if you dont like it, just leave" attitude. For the 911 PDK S, Ive gone to the Porsche Dubai website and made out a car with all the options, but I want to check them first with the dealership, does anyone know if the price on the Porsche Dubai website match those at the dealership? And how are the salesmen at the Dubai dealership? Do they give discounts off final prices here for luxury/sports car? When I bought my first car back in early 2008 the guys basicly said no discount.

Thanks for any help and advice.
Orangebubble

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Sewage truck driver
My Dream Ride: Volvo truck

Re: Porsche + audi buying advice

Postby root on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:09 pm

The price on the Porsche website is very accurate! You can basically print it out. I doubt you'll get any discounts, but maybe the waiting period is more reasonable now.

If I was to choose between the two, I would definitely go with the 911. Great ride, good brand value, great resale. The Audis normally fail on the resale side.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Orangebubble on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:23 pm

What are the typical order times for the carrera s? I remember about a year ago the delivery times for a turbo was something just under one year at one point.
Orangebubble

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Sewage truck driver
My Dream Ride: Volvo truck

Postby root on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:33 pm

I think the time should be 4-6 months..unless you find a one that someone ordered but does not want to take delivery of - in that case you need to settle with the options/colour of whats available.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Car Buying Advice