What about Jeep Cherokee?

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

What about Jeep Cherokee?

Postby Guest on Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:39 pm

Any recommendations on Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee?
Which models are good and how good are they in UAE weather and for offroading?

Postby mikaelandersson on Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:58 pm

Hi there! I have had both the Jeep Wrangler and Grand Cherokee. I've enjoyed both cars well and have not had much trouble with either. I picked both up second hand 3-4 years old. I would recommend buying a second hand of some expat leaving, as new cars do unfortunately fall in value very fast.
The Wrangler I really liked for the winters and even for off-roading. The open-air top gives a great feeling of driving but beware that UAE is a hot country so dont have it as your car to drive to work daily. After a few years I needed to get the radiator fixed but other than that nothing major.

The Grand Cherokee is a lot more practical car and also good for off-roading. Its a 1999 V8 model and I bought it for 55K about 18 months ago. Since then I've spent 3000-4000 to replace the tires, spark plugs, and some other modifications to make it better for off-roading. I had some trouble with the AC that cost another 1000. But all in all, a good, sturdy and powerful 4x4.

Before you buy do research on the model and year, as Cherokees have been like wine...some years good, some years bad. I would suggest looking at Kellys Blue Book http://kbb.com and read their reviews.
mikaelandersson

An off-road WINNER!

Postby Overdrive on Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:22 pm

Experience with the 1998 Cherokee 4.0 is absolutly AWESOME. I would rate those models of the Jeep as one of the absolute best Jeeps for offroading, they're very powerful and the compact body of the car allows the engine to run loose over dunes. The only thing I would change are the tyres, those models didn't come with wide radials which would improve traction even more.

I haven't read very good reviews about the new Grand cherokee (they don't perform like jeeps), and I certainly don't like the look of those cars either. The nice clean lines of the older Jeeps have a massive following, and this is something that those goons at Jeep will now realize.
Overdrive
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Audi Q7

Postby Guest on Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm

know more? is that a question to me ? To all the jeep lovers, the Q7 will be in dubai (official launch) next month ...

in aweer already

Postby audiman on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:05 am

I hear that some dealers in Al-Aweer already have the Q7 and are selling at a high premium!
audiman

Tips and tricks - Audi Q7

Postby Guest on Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:35 am

If you have a nice car, try this, it works ;)

Drive to the Audi showroom and tell them you want to test drive the Q7
Spend time enjoying their hospitality, and checking out the A8
Soon enough, you would have left your contact details for an appointment to test drive the Q7
A few days later, you'll receive an invitation to the launch event ... where you can test the jeep

:) happy driving

Return to Car Buying Advice