2001 VW Beetle Millenium Edition!

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

2001 VW Beetle Millenium Edition!

Postby anthony on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:59 pm

Looking to purchase at least one of these vehicles to ship to the United States.

Anyone know of any for sale or shipping cost to East Coast of the states?

Anyone interested in helping arrange purchase/shipping for me.

I used to live in Bahrain, been to U.A.E. a few times and being a VW fan I liked that car when I saw it.

If I can get the car driven/shipped to Bahrain I can take care of the transport back to the States.

Thank you,

Anthony
anthony

Beetle

Postby navadv on Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:32 pm

hey,

You do knw that you get the same car in States right?
when u go to the dealer in US, just ask em for the 1.8T or Turbo Beetle.
Same engine is also avail. on the Golf.

Yes, it doesnt come with the bodykit and wing, but HEY, its US. There are tons of places that can get a bodykit for you!

If not, speak to Al Naboodah here and just buy the bumpers of them and ship that. Dont need to ship a whole car down.....

If im not mistaken, the Cup Edition also comes with Recaro seats. -- Very easy to find in US.

It may actually be cheaper to do these things there, than actually shipping the car into US ...

Hope i helped :)
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

It is just not the same!

Postby anthony on Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:44 pm

I have a 2004 VW R32 if you know what that is. I want the Millenium Cup Edition (M.C.E.)to go with the R32. Plus, it would be the only true one here in the US.

I know I can get the 1.8T here in the states as well and then retrofit it all over but it is just not the same as if it was all factory from the beginning.

By the time I get a 1.8T beetle here, source all the parts to make it a true M.C.E. and then do all the work it will probably cost me more then if I just bought one from U.A.E. and had it shipped over. I will only have to do a few modifications to it to make it legal for the U.S. roads and that is all off the shelf parts I can easily get.

I appreciate the reply though, definitely have thought about going that route, but again, it just wouldn't be the same as the actual factory car.

thank you,

Anthony
anthony

Beetle

Postby navadv on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:34 pm

R32 - Nice choice :twisted: hehehe - only seen one in Dubai....

Ok, so u have thought about it then!

i knw im being pokie, but have u considered Taxes, freight etc.?
Neways, consider evrything....

The last time i checked, 4x4 Motors in Dubai had 2 for sale. One was Black, the other silver.... if remember right, both were around 60K AED.

Have you called up naboodah to ask if they can get the skirts and bumper? -- cause if its from the manufacturer, its just a matter of removing a bumper and placing the next one on... (i should think)

Neways good luck and i will let you knw if i see any good ones for sale!
(try 4x4 ...its ur best bet!) :)
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby navadv on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:42 pm

Stupid me.... i forgot your not in Dubai :lol:

You can visit them on www.4x4motors.com (i checked this website - but they dont have an MCE avail. online - but i dont knw how up to date that is)

Or visit this page for further contact details.
http://www.4x4motors.com/contact.htm
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Found a couple on the Search here!

Postby anthony on Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:49 pm

Using the autodealer.ae website auto search I found a few that were listed. All the listings may be old so I need to start making some phone calls to see if any of them are still available.

Example: http://www.autodealer.ae/plugins/ad/adv ... p?id=81064 There are others listed as well, highest was only 56,000 AED.

As far as the taxes, shipping and all that goes I am not too worried about it. If I can get the car to Bahrain I have a friend that is moving back to the States and gets to have a car shipped back. The one he currently has will most likely stay in Bahrain. I just need to put the title in his name for the insurance and get someone to drive the car for me to Bahrain!

Again, thanks for all your input. I have looked at 4x4 motors, that is where the car was that I missed out on last year. They also had a Beetle RSI that I was considering but I couldn't pay more for that then I did for my R32 brand new.
anthony

Re: 2001 VW Beetle Millenium Edition!

Postby lagrange on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:32 pm

I do have a new beetle RSi for sale, it's 3.2 V6 and it looks exactly the same like the Millenium Edition. let me know if you are interested
lagrange

My Ride: RSi
My Profession: petroleum eng
My Dream Ride: 911 Turbo

Return to Car Buying Advice