Should I buy a Ford Edge or a Hummer H3?

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

What should I get?

Hummer H3
100%
Ford Edge
No votes

Total votes : 5

Should I buy a Ford Edge or a Hummer H3?

Postby kust0m_k1ng on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:00 pm

I currently have a Honda CRV 2006 (PM me if anyone is interested in buying for 60k), and I'm looking to change... I like the Ford Edge and Hummer H3, but cant choose... I dont do off-road driving but I like the Hummer (HUMMER!) And I dont know much about the reliability etc so I would need help there too... oh and I can buy the top-range edge with the huge sunroof and all and can only afford the standard h3 atm... I would also like any other suggestions around my budget of 130k. Thanks in advance :)
kust0m_k1ng
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Pacific on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:14 pm

I would say go for neither, how about a Jeep Commander - looks nice, drives nice and has a powerful engine also for the same amount of money you are willing to spend. Another hot option is Mazda CX9.
Pacific
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby root on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:09 am

well, neither really, but if I was to choose between it'd be the H3. Howcome? it looks cool and mean, and people move aside when you're driving it ;)
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby kust0m_k1ng on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:09 pm

Soyou say I should get neither... so any suggestions? And about the Jeep Commander... its not that popular here :/
kust0m_k1ng
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Should I buy a Ford Edge or a Hummer H3?

Postby jai_b on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:35 pm

kust0m_k1ng wrote:I currently have a Honda CRV 2006 (PM me if anyone is interested in buying for 60k), and I'm looking to change... I like the Ford Edge and Hummer H3, but cant choose... I dont do off-road driving but I like the Hummer (HUMMER!) And I dont know much about the reliability etc so I would need help there too... oh and I can buy the top-range edge with the huge sunroof and all and can only afford the standard h3 atm... I would also like any other suggestions around my budget of 130k. Thanks in advance :)

THE VEHICLE WHICH YOU ARE DRIVING NOW (CRV) IS MUCH BETTER THAN COMPARED TO EDGE & H3.

EDGE IS NOT WORTH TO REPLACE CRV.

LANDCRUISER IS TRUE 4WD IN EVERY SENSE.
jai_b
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Pacific on Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:04 pm

You mentioned its not popular here, so where do you live??[/quote]
Pacific
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby T.N.T on Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:16 am

Both the Edge and H3 are better vehicles than the CR-V IMO.
Well, even if he meant that he lives in the UAE, the Commander is pretty unpopular.
If I had to choose between the H3 and Edge, then I'd certainly go for the H3 because of the reasons root mentioned, and because it can off-road well if you feel the need to.
Everyone will suggest you to go for the Prado/Fortuner/Pajero/Pathfinder but I suggest you follow your heart because in the end, you'll be the one driving it. Sure buying the H3 will have its downsides like poor resale and so-so reliability but if you really like it, maybe you should just buy it. Better having something that you like rather than something that others do.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby kust0m_k1ng on Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:54 am

Wow TNT that was really helpful... thanks :D
I'm still open to more suggestions though, so keep em coming!
kust0m_k1ng
Rookie
Rookie

Postby root on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Yeah, I'm also getting bored of recommending guys to go for the old-faithful good-resale low-maintenance japs. Maybe we are part of the reason that every other garage in this city has either a Prado or Pajero or a Fortuner ;)

Maybe we should go do some real test-drives of new GMC's and give also Subaru's a review here. They are both tough 4x4 brands and we oughta probably see more of them on the market.

Getting back to you kust0m_k1ng (that was hard to type)..depends on 2 things..what you want it for and how much you wanna spend. You say for normal city riding mainly and for 130k.
If you wanna be conventional and safe, go with the Prado VX (though this shape is gonna change real soon)...if you wanna be different go with the H3. There are some nice ways to pimp up the H3 to even make it look more unique.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:07 am

Get a used H3 and pimp it with the money you save 8)
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:49 am

Yeah, watch a few episodes of pimp my ride for inspiration, and the hummees are great place to spend your money on.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Car Buying Advice