girlracer from a year ago....remember me????

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

girlracer from a year ago....remember me????

Postby girlracer on Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:36 pm

Hello guys

I'm not sure if you remember me?? :?

I was on the chat for quite a while needing advice about getting a tonka truck with a small budget about a year ago......

anyone remember????

.....Well, we still have the Jeep, we've had our up's and down's with it but the hassle has been more with the garages and dealing with them rather than the Jeep itself!

Anyway..... I am thinking of getting a new car. My other half is keeping the Jeep and I'm now looking for something fast and sporty! I still dream about my old Golf GTI turbo which I loved so much (my bro now has it at home so atleast I still get the odd drive when home!)

This time I'm going to take finance rather than a private deal and have been looking at various types around the 50 000 mark. I don't like anything too girly i.e peugeot cc, (not me!) so I seen some of the older Audi TT around the 2001-2 mark and quite like the look of them.....

any help would be great?? thank you x :D
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby root on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:49 am

Audi TT is a good choice in my view.
Get the Quattro one and don't go too old. If you want to get one financed it will probably need to be max 3-4 years old, and I doubt that you'll get a 3-4 year old TT quattro for 50k.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby girlracer on Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:52 am

thanks root..... I am going today to have a look around!

I was on the Top Gear and AA website and they too were in favour of the quattro, it had very good reviews.

I'll keep you guys posted!! :D
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby girlracer on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:24 am

I am going to look at one today

Saw one in garage that I really loved, it even had my second name on the key chain!!?? However I've calculated that for the year it is more than if I'd get private and it has no warranty etc..

Going to see this one today, Audi TT Quatrro 2001 6 gear manual 225bhp milegage 93000km 58500dhs.......do you think 2001 is too old even though when I'm selling it quattro might go in my favour??

Also going to see another one later, all i know is it's not quattro, TT 2002 90000km for 51000
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:29 pm

The 6 speed manual Quattro is a sweet ride! Purely enjoyable!
I could've given you a price quote but you need tell me if its a coupe or convertible.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby girlracer on Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Hello

After the weekend I've changed my mind....

Went to see a Golf gti 2006 3 door model and I think I'm hooked...a bit more pricey but I think in the long term it's worth it and it's still under warranty form garage so won't have to spend half as much on it like the
Jeep!

8)
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby root on Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:20 pm

boring to get the same car here as back home!
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:03 pm

What model year GTi do you have back home?
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby girlracer on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:09 am

well i suppose it's all a matter of opinion root, we prob wouldn't have a 4x4 back home so having that is the novelty...

I want something that's compact, fast and looks good and I my opinion you can't really beat the golf....I'm not into anything too flashy so it's suits perfect!

My one from home was older, it was a 2001 model....
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Return to Car Buying Advice