2006 Peugeot 307cc low kms?

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

2006 Peugeot 307cc low kms?

Postby brsn on Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi...everyone...My friend is dealing to get a 2006 low kms Peugeot 307 cc...he has found 2 but we had heard some problems about peugeots in UAE such as AC and mechanical problems...So do you guys suggest to get a 307cc...does it worth...pls also give some info about the spare parts and services...Thanx for your help...
brsn

Postby Brembo on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:56 pm

a friend of mine had the 407 and it was plagued with problems. he had got it brand new, sold it off after about 8-10months.
not sure if its all pugs in general or whether he got a lemon.
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby root on Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:34 pm

Peugeots are in general pretty good cars. Quite popular in some other Arab countries in North Africa (french influence I guess).

I dont know about the AC or mechanical issues but I do know that over here they fall in value really fast.

I had 2 friends buy the 307 convertible brand new and they never complained about any issues. They both sold it after a year, so it does not say much.

If its a 2006 and low mileage, there should still be some dealer warranty for the AC and other possible factory defects.

As a pre-caution ask him to take it to a garage and spend 250 dhm and get one of those 50+ point check ups.

Would I buy a Peugeot? Yes, if its a good price...remember that it depreciates a lot, so make sure you buy after the depreciation is maxed.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby ewap8 on Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:26 pm

I think peugeots are absolutely rubbish cars. My friend has a 307cc (2004 or 2005 model I think) and the car is a complete pile of crap. I don't like the interior at all and the maintainence is expensive. So is the service. Recently his driver side power window was stuck, so he had to spend 3000 dhs. to get it fixed. AVOID!
ewap8
Drift King
Drift King

My Ride: Infiniti FX (2010)
My Profession: N/A
My Dream Ride: Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Postby root on Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:39 pm

Thats a stark opinion the froggies are not going to like ;)

My only personal experience was a 206 my dad had some time ago and it was quite powerful and pretty problem free for the 2 years he owned it (from new).

But ewap is right...after his comments I searched around for other reviews and a lot of them are negative.

3000 for a power window sounds steep. Ouch!
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Brembo on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:02 am

wat do them hot french women make those power windows out of?? :wink:
:D
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Re: 2006 Peugeot 307cc low kms?

Postby hamiltonjensson on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:17 am

I think being rubbish greatly depends on how the owner drives the car. It's european so it shall conform to any road standards in UAE. I just wish it's easy to sort parts from a French made cars all the way from middle east.
hamiltonjensson
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Mechanic
My Dream Ride: Mazda RX-8

Return to Car Buying Advice