New Traffic fines in Dubai

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

New Traffic fines in Dubai

Postby Transcendentalist on Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:12 pm

A mail i received today from an employee at one of the leading newspapers in Dubai.

New Traffic Fines

Kindly be note that the traffic fines will be as follows:

Radar: 500 Dhs instead of 200 Dhs
Cutting a red sign: 1,500 Dhs instead of 500 Dhs for the first time & 3 days in jail for the second time.

Take care and be careful,,

For all who drive in Dubai,
All Dubai except Jumeirah:
All Dubai radars have been reset to catch if your speed is 10 Km/Hr above the street speed. In other words, If the speed limit is 100 Km/Hr
(Like beginning of SHK Zayed Road) you shouldn't exceed 109 Km/Hr. [Before was: if the road speed limit is 100 Km/Hr , the radar only was to catch if the speed is 120 Km/Hr]

Jumeirah (Main Roads only)
---------------------------------------
The speed limit is 80 Km/Hr and radar will catch on 81 Km/Hr Jumeirah
(Suburb Roads only):
-------------------------------------------
There are hidden radar cameras. The speed limit in these villas areas is
40 Km/Hr. YES it is only 40 Km/Hr

The Traffic Division greets you and wishes to draw your attention to a serious traffic offence committed by drivers which is driving on the shoulder of streets (crossing the yellow line). As this is a grave offence and leads to reckless endangerment of the lives of other drivers as well as being a grave breach of Traffic Law, the Dubai Police has decided to take firm action to stop this kind of offence which is as follows:

1. Impounding of vehicle for six months.
2. Applying the laws concerning fines and ancillaries thereof.
3. For those working as drivers, they must be deported and proof of deportation must be provided.
4. Six black points are given.
5. The driving license shall be withdrawn in case of committing this offence twice, and shall not be returned to its owner until he/she passes a difficult test and pays a fine of 3000 Dirham.
6. After all of the above procedures have been completed, the vehicle will be released.
Transcendentalist
Rookie
Rookie

thats the 2nd time within a year

Postby root on Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:07 pm

If your info is correct, its the 2nd time in a year that the fines are being raised, but death toll on the roads is still up.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby WSF on Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:16 pm

Fines wont make ppl drive better? rite? As long as ppl dont cooperate among each other on the road and everybody wants 2 drive his way then we got nothing....... Plus this traffic makes ppl want 2 drive fast after they suffer inside that car for hours.... Dubai can expand their roads; thats da only solution; metro is bulsht; AED4 on sh zayed rd and garhoud bridge is bulsht and all those fines and stupid laws r useless... All this makes ppl suffer more than only traffic jams.... I wont b surprisd if death tolls increase...
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby T.N.T on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:16 pm

Seems like WSF has a serious issue with the RTA. Don't worry, me too! :wink:
Fine increase, it won't do nothing but just means more money for the RTA. They don't allow radar detectors here, reason? They will start losing the loads of money they make on fines every single day! Why is it allowed in countries like the UK? Because it lets people realise that they are driving in a zone unsafe for speeding. But here, all these cameras and radars are set up for the motive of making money. Just near my home, a policeman comes every morning and parks a Camry station wagon on the curb-side of the road with a camera in the hatch! I'll take a pic and post soon.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby WSF on Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:35 pm

Looks like ur discovering one of RTA's evil secrets LOL!!!
HYUNDAI'S 1st unofficial community for the UAE..
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby T.N.T on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:15 pm

I feel like a superhero!
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

hey post the picture

Postby root on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:57 am

that would be funny!