First car ever-need recommendations ( 60K)

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

First car ever-need recommendations ( 60K)

Postby dissapointed_angel on Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:22 pm

Hiya everyone,

I'm a girl in the process of getting my license and will get a car as soon as i finish. (in less than a month)

My father has set a limit of DHS 60,000 coz cash is a bit tight at the mo. I was going to get the Dodge Charger before, but i despratley need a car now so i will have to do with something else.

I have no idea about car prices..or cars now that i mention it.. the only reason i wanted the Charger was for its shape :wink:

I need help from you guys.. can you please tell me what i can expect to buy with this kind of cash.. i'm looking for a saloon/sedan i guess.. :?

Hope you guys can help.. thanks anyways..

Cheers,
Angel
dissapointed_angel

Postby T.N.T on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:02 pm

Our 2nd female member :shock: YAAY! :P
60k isn't 'tight' for your first car. I still remember my first car, not because it was great, but because it was a nightmare. It was driven by my dad for 6 years and then given to me. Don't ask which one was it :oops: !
No idea about cars, no problem! I personally love how the Charger looks and it is quite a bargain at 81k base price!
You are looking for a sedan, you could help me out by specifying a few things. Like do you want new or used?
If you go for used, the options are endless but if you want new, here are all the possible options:

Ford Mondeo: 60k AED

Honda Civic: 50,200 AED

Hyundai Sonata: 52,500 AED

Mazda 3: 51,500 AED

Mitsubishi Magna: 52,500 AED

Skoda Octavia: 54,200 AED

Subaru Impreza: 51,900 AED

Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby WSF on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:48 pm

I got da perfect ride 4 u girl!!! The all new Opel Astra..Check it out!!! Im sure ur gonna love it!!! 8)

HYUNDAI'S 1st unofficial community for the UAE..
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

thanks loads

Postby dissapointed_angel on Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:06 pm

Thanks for the replies..

I'm getting a new car..my mum won't let me get a used one even though i'd rather have a used but more "upscale" car.. but she won't have it.. she says if its used then there must e something wrong with it.. she just won't reason with me..

Anyways, thanks for the recommendations.. now i have an idea of what is out there..lol.. even though i'm just going by appearance.. i know.. i'm so shallow.. lol..

Right now i like the Mazda 3 best! i also like the Hyndai Sonata and the maybe the Ford Mondeo.. i'll have to read some reviews see whats best for me..

thanks again.. it really helps.

Cheers,
Angel
dissapointed_angel

Postby ICE on Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:20 pm

Its nice to have some ladies around here.

I am sure it will keep the environment pepped up ;)

Anyways Angel. That picture of the Mazda is not of the Mazda 3 but the Mazda 6.

The difference between the two I feel is that Mazda 3 is smaller in length compared to the Mazda 6 although am not so sure about that.

One definite difference is the bonet of the hood of the car. in the Mazda 3 the hood design has those arcs lifted up while in Mazda 6 those arcs on the hood are dipped in like in the picture u see above.

I somehow am more a fan of the Mitsubishi Gallant or the lancer

Mazda 6 is also pretty cool yet I am not much into cars so you could check on the advice for a good choice from ROOT and T.N.T.

Hey guys isn't there any convertibles in that price range that Angel will enjoy as her first car and ride?

Please advise
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

My Ride: I ride a beast on the road, a maniac on tracks!
My Profession: IT Proffesional
My Dream Ride: DUCATI

Postby T.N.T on Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:26 pm

ICE, ICE, ICE, you too! Its a Mazda 3 and I can bet on that!
New car, eh?
Ford Mondeo: Nice car, upscale interior design. Shape is turning old and new model will arrive by next year.
Mazda 3: Looks great, drives even better. Nothing wrong with this one except the interior space.
Hyundai Sonata: HUGE bang-for-buck. Capable engine, great looks and roomier compared to the others at a great price. Most people won't go for it due to the poor brand-recognition but there's nothing wrong with this one either.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby dayani on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:26 pm

well i would also prefer mazda3...
but as i own a mazda6 i feel that mazda6 is much spacious and its 2.3litre engine..and the looks...
why dont u go to galadari for a test drive..?
i kno most of them working there would help u out if u got any problem..
dayani
Dragster
Dragster

Return to Car Buying Advice