lady with a few questions!!

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

price looks dubious to me

Postby root on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:09 pm

The Range Rover is about twice the price off the Land Rover you were looking at earlier, so if you are getting another vehicle for the same price, then expect it to have twice the problems (I'm being very mathematical now!)

With the Al Ain factor, I'd pass on this one if I was you.

Use this screen to find something that fits your budget and comfort level of age and km:
http://www.autodealer.ae/plugins/ad/advsearch.php

There are quite a few options!
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby girlracer on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:15 pm

The owner (had it 7 months) says that it has over 200km on it and that is why it is at a low price. Also it came with no service history but he has had it serviced at a garage?? He'll be in dubai in 2 weeks, was here last night,dam!!

I have some friends in al ain so might pay them a little visit and go and see it!
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby fastbeak on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:16 pm

before u head to al-ain, check-out the used range rovers parked in the used car complex in ras al khor...
i bought a range rover few months back n before buying it i had done a good research of 3 months on it... sad it lasted few days with me but i learnt alot bout that car... specially during the hunt for it... also test drove many models...
what i learnt about range rover is if its close to 200,000 kms on the mileage... it means danger specially driven here in hot climate of UAE...
u'll have many probs with it...

to save ur time... and find out the fact bout this car... just ask the seller one question... ask him does the hydrolic system on ur range rover works properly...

i doubt it would work... n u should know the cost of repairing them... at al tayer... perhaps 18,000 if he is removed the motors and atleast 10,000 if the kit is still attached to the car... who knows maybe more than that...

i have a feeling somethings wrong with this car...
my advice stay away...
fastbeak
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby girlracer on Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:39 am

yeh think I will pass on it... too much added hassle anyway with the al ain distance!!

thanks guys :wink:
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby WSF on Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:07 am

Basically u want an mid size 4x4? How about a Jeep Cherokee.. Theyre really cheap 2 get
HYUNDAI'S 1st unofficial community for the UAE..
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby girlracer on Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:38 pm

i know, i was maybe gettin carried away with the range rover thing!!

do you know what I would love?

I saw one in mall of the emirates and I put my number on their windscreen incase they wanted to sell it...

a gmc jimmy 2 door! I def need a car with suitcase room as i frequent the airport a lot with visitors. You can let me know if these are any good?

I have a few numbers that a friend gave me for the jeep cherokee's too but then the guy at the garage said to stay away from jeeps! :?
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby girlracer on Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:55 pm

found this on www.dubizzle.com website, there is a picture too

White Jeep Cherokee Sport (1998) 4.0L Automatic. 1 Expat owner from new. Al-Futtaim Service History. 110,000 km. Central locking, power steering, airbags etc. Recently serviced. Call 050 258 1615White Jeep

i like the service history. Is 4.0 a gas guzzler? will i go through lots of petrol?

and also the 1998 year> i've reading the thread on the 10yr ban so i dont want a car I cant sell in a few years!!??
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby WSF on Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:56 pm

Basically stay away from all cars except japanese.. american cars have problems like leaks of all kinds, and electrical hiccups and they tend 2 over heat plus they have a terrible a/c.... U may consider 2door pajero 3.0 v6 4 example
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

110k is a lot

Postby root on Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:58 pm

how much is it for?
Get the car checked-up. 110k is quite a lot of mileage, but if its well kept you can probably use it for another 50-60k without problems.

Try also our new vehicles wanted feature at: http://www.autodealer.ae/plugins/ad/wanted_ads.php

It will send you an email when a car that matches your profile is posted.
Also allows others to call you.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby girlracer on Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:12 pm

the reason i wouldn't want a 2door pajero is that they can't get a whole load of suitcases in the back! I saw one in the a showroom but wasn't too keen when i saw the room in the boot!

Any thoughts on grand jeep cherokee's?

about to phone two that are around 24000 with fsh history but no mileage stated?

WSF you advised me about a jeep cherokee but have told me to stay away from american cars? I thought jeep was american... i'm confused now!
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby WSF on Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:52 pm

Plz, i dnt want anyone 2 get confused cuz i know dat it aint easy when chosing for a new car...

yes jeep is american... u can find used jeeps in Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep showrooms.. they usually sell it with warranty... also check al futtaim automall at diera next 2 dnata.

Jeeps r fun 2 drive but not on the long term; u may keep it with u 4 a 2-3 years; enjoy it and then sell it 4 a better car....

My father drives a 01' Grand Cherokee; hes a heavy driver and really treats her rough; went offroading twice yet the biggest problem we ever got is a leaking radiator; while the rest of the problems r typical minor maintenance/ servicing problems...usually the waranty covers these i guess....

Spare parts r not so expensive; newer jeeps r of crap qualit; worse than the older generations.
Go 4 a 01-04 grand cherokee this model is amazing... Most women love that model; ask my mom..... LOL :wink:
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby T.N.T on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:15 pm

All American SUVs that you are talking about will obviously guzzle gas. Its an American tradition. :P Anyways, why don't you stop looking at SUVs and by some sedan/saloon?
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

new 206

Postby root on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:33 pm

well, there was an ad in the paper for brand new 2006 Peugeot 206 for 33k. I guess you get all the warranties, financing etc with it.

Dont mean to sound stereotyping by suggesting a 'girly' car, but that seems like a good offer and almost fits your budget.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby navadv on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:06 pm

OR - you could buy my 2005 Pug 206, :D
which has all the "doo-dads" you would need and at a fraction of the price - 27,500AED. :o

A FSH from Peugeot, CD Player, Keyless Entry, fog lights, e/windows etc etc etc ....

heres a link to an add i placed up a while ago - as you can see i have come down in price by alot! :shock:

oh PS - the skid marks arent made by me and the no. plate is edited! - just found it a cool place to take pics.... :P

navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby girlracer on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:15 pm

ha ha thanks for the advice but I'm not a peugeot girl!! I had to hire one for a year as my residency took ages to get processed and did seriously kick the **** out of it! If I was to chose a car it would be back to my sporty golf....

however... I don't wan't that in Dubai! I won't be here for longer than 2 years (my other half is due out in 2 weeks) and we both want to make the most of Dubai even if it only means driving along the beach so 4x4 it is!

I'm going to see one on wed:

Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1999, V8 limited, fully loaded, full service history, GCC specs (what is this, what specs?) and the extras like cd changer, leather seats etc but I'm not exactly bothered about that but it's a bonus, for 24000dhs

It is a big engine, 4.7 litre and it's petrol. I've been on top gear reading up on it. Will it burn a hole in my pocket with fuel? I'm hoping the cheaper fuel here may compensate as I did go through a bit of petrol with my golf gti turbo back home but it was worth every penny!!
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

PreviousNext

Return to Car Buying Advice