lady with a few questions!!

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Postby girlracer on Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:16 am

thanks ICE!!
Had to hire care agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain yesterday!! :(

I'm happy for it to take a while in order I get something good but not toooo long!!!!

I've only seriously looked at 2, just hope something is waiting for me!! I won't accept anything now unless I have FSH!
My other half is coming out on Sat, I just hoped I could turn up with a nice surprise at the airport!

My friend saw a 2 door Kia advertised at Choithrams.. any views on them, it had beem maintained by a company? Otherwise I'm happy to have a wee wrangler or similar...................... :x
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby ICE on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:16 pm

Well as I remember somebody suggested me not to go for Kia although its cheap but it calls for a lotta maintainence.

Ill tell you when I was interested in taking up a vehicle what my friends had suggested.

1. Go for Japanese makes : Cost less on maintainence
2. 1.6 ltr + engine provides good, effecient and fast cooling.
3. If you get a Vtec engine then nothing like it.
4. Cars advised were: Honda Civic, Nissan Sunny

But when I look at the choice of cars you have been looking into the above dont come into mentioning.

I wish I could help you but I am not much into cars like T.N.T., Root, Navad, WSF etc. am a Motorcyclist and into Bikes.

I can ask around few people that I know if there is anything available that would suit your likes.
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

My Ride: I ride a beast on the road, a maniac on tracks!
My Profession: IT Proffesional
My Dream Ride: DUCATI

Postby WSF on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:52 pm

Kia = bad quality, terrible car.. Stick 2 japanese... how about a honda prelude civic hatchback? those r nice sporty lookin cars.. plus theyre cheap 2 maintain and fuel efficent and barely breakdown..
HYUNDAI'S 1st unofficial community for the UAE..
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby T.N.T on Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:43 pm

You want a cheap car, fuel-efficient, with suitcase space and FSH. Cut down on one or two of your demands and I can get you a car in seconds. :P
What happened to that Jimmy 2-dr? Looked into it? I think you should even consider 4-dr SUVs as much as 2-dr.
Look for a Suzuki Jimny. WSF, help her dude.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby girlracer on Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:27 pm

hi guys

My other half arrived earlier than expected as a surprise whihc was nice so we've had a week off of cars!
Anyway, we're really hopinjg to maybe have one in the next 2 weeks!

We've been to 4x4 motors at the airport but we've heard some not so nice stories about there? any reports!

There is a Hyundai Galloper, 99, service histroy up until 2002 but has been the same owner. It's selling for 32950 but managed to get price down to 31,000... it's only a 2 door too... are they really just s*** cars!?
Also have a list of 2nd hand ones to phone up but anyone who knows anybody who might be selling a car that suits my/our criteria would be better.. just want to get one as i ts now doing my head right in!! :?
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:52 pm

Seems good for you. Fullfils your requirements. But, selling them is a pain. They don't pack much 'street cred' either.
30k max, just show the seller the money and who knows, he might even come down to 29k.
BTW, is this at 4x4 Motors?
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby pajoz on Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:14 am

i suggest not to go with galloper, though it has mitsu engine (pajero) still its not that good..
pajoz

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhh got one!!!

Postby girlracer on Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:57 pm

Hello guys

Finally... finally, the day we were leaving to go back home for holidays found one and we're going for it! I was really beginning to get fed up hunting around but didn't lose sight that the ideal one was out there somewhere! For those who can't seem to find their ideal just hang in there!!

It's a grand jeep cherokee, black, low mileage full service history.. yip, didn't believe it at first but complete with log book and stamps every 5k up to present!

My mechanic who had turned down the previous two even recommended us to go for it as it's in vgc!!

Going to get the registration etc all done at end of week so fingers crossed everything goes ok!!!

Thanks for all help given, appreciate it loads and now that little bit knowledgeable about wheeling and dealing in Dubai!!

Now a soon to be very happy girl racer! :wink:
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby girlracer on Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:58 pm

PS ......suited budget perfectly!! :P
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

picture

Postby root on Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:49 pm

Congrats!

Well, after running one of the longest topic threads on this board, you have to load up pictures of your Ride onto this forum, so the rest can see what you finally settled for!
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:30 pm

Yaaay! You finally got a ride! No party? :D
I am happy that you found something that you are happy with it as that matters the most! What was the mileage on it and what model year?
Please post some pics of it!
And hey! Awesome colour! 8) My fav. I got my silver EVO painted in black! Although I have to clean my 2 rides a lot, I don't regret buying black at all. :D
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby girlracer on Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:21 pm

hello

...bit late in getting back....... must be all that driving I'm doing!!!

I tried to download a picture, thought it would be a simple copy and paste but that didn't work and when i tried the attachment below it was unsuccessful too!!

Well....... a fully fledged girlracer now...lovin it lovin it lovin it!

The year is 99 and the milegae was 97000...prob a few thousand more now since the weekend! :)

I'm prob much more careful (more like a lady than girlracer!) than I was in the gti as it such a big tonka truck but it feels so safe and I feel like the Queen of Sheba driving along Sheik Zayed Road!!

My friends are laughing at me (poor boyfriend too!) as I still like saying good night to it when I have to leave it parked for the night!! :P

I've passed on autodealer.ae to friends to use as it was your website that we found the advert...so big big thank you
:D
girlracer
Tuner
Tuner

Postby WSF on Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:40 pm

Whats ur car??? u got a car? :roll: :shock:
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby T.N.T on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:04 pm

Try the attachment stuff again or post it to some pic hosting site like imageshack: http://www.imageshack.us/

Fully fledged girlracer, hmmm, I don't think you can actually race in a Cherokee. :P
Awww, how sweet. :P Saying good night to your 4x4. I bet it says something in return. :P
You are welcome. (On behalf of root :wink: ) You sound so flattering. :)
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:03 pm

Another happy customer ;) we love that!

Strange you were not able to upload the images. Email them to me on help-uae@autodealer.ae and I'll see whats wrong.

Maybe problem is that they images are too large and need to be resized to be smaller (we require this as most people in UAE have slow internet connections and we dont want people waiting long time to see postings with large pictures)
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Previous

Return to Car Buying Advice