Financing of a newly established enterprise. Sorento or...?

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

Financing of a newly established enterprise. Sorento or...?

Postby Surge on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:13 pm

In some months, I’ll start a new business in Abu Dhabi. It is obvious that a bulk of cash should be spent on a workshop, office stuff, dwellings and cars.
Looking for how to do it optimally I’d like to discuss with the venerable gathering two points. The possibility to get financing for newly established company in Emirates and the car itself.

For one who knows it’s easy to clarify the financing issue - just possible or not. I’d appreciate any answer.

As to the company car, I trend toward a new one - financing is possible only for a new one I guess. Or is not? Budget is up to 80K but a matter is a financing once again. Our activity is located in an industrial area so it’s better to take SUV. Resale value is not so important - the company will use it for years. The more valuable thing is reliability of the car.
The very attractive thing for us is an absence of the first installment. We could spare some cash and spend it on equipment then. The installments we’d start from the revenues.
Al Majid Motors Co. offers the first installment after 90 days for KIA Sorento for example.

What do you think guys about all this stuff and the Sorento as the company first and reliable car?
Surge
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby T.N.T on Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:17 pm

About the Sorento, it is a reliable car, no doubt about that. But, it is expensive to rum because of the poor fuel economy of the 3.5 V6. If you want something cheap, good-looking and spacious, then the Sorento is worth it. You can buy the more fuel-efficient 2.5, but unfortunately it is only available with a manual transmission.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Overdrive on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:09 am

Its interesting that TNT's profile pic is the monogram of Mitsubishi :) He should have recommended the base-line Pajero which is not only reasonably prices (just marginally over your budget) but has an excellent track record of low maintenance and high reliability! If you're lucky, you may even find a slightly older model in their inventory and get it for a serious bargin, with all the warrenties in tact.
Overdrive
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

TNT is an EVO driver

Postby root on Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:11 pm

you can't 'drift' in a pajero ;)
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Nissan?

Postby navadv on Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:28 pm

To me - i say go for a Nissan Xtrail

In my family we have an Xtrail which we bought 2 years ago for aprox 73,000 AED. (that was mid option wth Alloys and CD player, keyless Entry, and fully automatic - and we took a service contract till 30,000kms.)

Car currently has 60,000kms on it and have never had a problem with it!!

It is cheap to run, has Japanese Reliability, resale isnt bad and its fuel efficient. What we always thought was quite useful was the 2WD or 4WD option. Most of the time we drive in the 2WD mode - alot more efficient, but when you need all 4 wheels - its there for you!

The 2.5L is the same one used on the Altima (so aprox. 187 Hp but is more torquy than an Altima) - i find it quite Peppy! :)

Doesnt sound like you will be doing alot of "off-roading" but even if you do - it isnt bad. Took it once to the Big Desert in Mirdif (now its all dug up) - and over those light dunes it just flew, no problem what -so- ever, even for an amatuer driver like myself.

Seriously consider it!
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

Postby T.N.T on Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:41 pm

To Overdrive: I might own a Mitsubishi, but I am not a salesman for them! Personally, I like cars model-wise, I am not a brand enthusiast or something. And as root said, a Pajero can't drift. But an EVO can! 8) :P
To navadv: The X-Trail is certainly amazing! Same powerplant as the Altima. 180 BHP engine has the best HP/Litre rating in its class. And, it is the best off-roader in its class too! Very very reliable.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

seriously have you drifted?

Postby root on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:36 pm

I've only drifted on ice and that was unintentional (and pretty scary).

But have any of you drifted. Seems fun but its seems like it burns your tires a lot, and i cannot believe its good for the engine and clutch.

Maybe something for the next time I rent a car :)
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby navadv on Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:53 am

Hey Root,

Drifting :lol: :lol: (now ur talking!)

It depends what you mean? -
do u mean proper drifting (uae style) - like going around an Emirates Rd. Roundabout sideways, doing 130km/hr, tires screeching and smoking like hell! - in which case im gonna have to say "no" i havent!

OR

do u mean a couple of seconds when u let your back end out alittle and and u get sideways for maybe 5 sec - oh "YES" - whenever i get the opportunity :wink: (this probably isnt considered drifting in the racing world :P - but to me it is!)

But - if u do it "just at roundabouts" - i dont think theres gonna be much wear and tear on tires -- or ur clutch if ur an "ok" driver.

A bit hard for me to do now - cause i have a FWD car - but even then, if i hit a roundabout going fast enough and hit the brakes at the right time, the weight transfer causes my back to slide out !!! :lol:
((....and through the "mugphy" u will see me smiling like a little boy whose just been offered a candy bar for free!!! :D :D ))

Obviously i only do it when no one else is around and on deserted R.A.

TNT - dont say you've never done it !!- i was at AutoCross yesterday and i watched Evo's going crazy on the track - u should come just to watch!
navadv
Drift King
Drift King

sounds fun

Postby root on Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:13 pm

hey this sounds fun...will need to try it!
But am going to rent a car for this...a manual one, until I learn how to do it.

Anyone know of secluded roads (not too far from dubai) where this can be done?
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:32 pm

I once did 'proper emarati style' roudabout drifting at 175 km/h in the 350Z. RWD is great and I can easily say that it is the best stock drifter on earth!
As for the EVO, I have tried 2 or 3 times but without success as the AWD system can be restrictive.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Surge on Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:04 pm

What do you think of ‘Subaru Outback’ guys?
Surge
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby T.N.T on Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:16 pm

Avoid it!
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Surge on Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:45 pm

Because of the poor dealership or the car itself?
Surge
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby T.N.T on Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:50 pm

The car is great but doesn't pack road-respect if you know what I mean.
The dealership is the biggest problem!
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Surge on Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:36 pm

To me, it’s not a matter the road-respect and I know what you mean. The dealership is a more serious point. I know there are two separate companies represent Subaru in Emirates - one in Dubai and one in Abu Dhabi.
Which is the worse one?
Surge
Cruiser
Cruiser

Next

Return to Car Buying Advice