LOOKING FOR A MANUAL TRANS USED CAR ........ RANGE( 30-50k)

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

LOOKING FOR A MANUAL TRANS USED CAR ........ RANGE( 30-50k)

Postby PRIYAM on Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:20 pm

in general which would be the best option for a second hand ...... forgetting the price ..... what used car would generally be gud in this part of the world ????

Ive tried out a heck of a lot a cars here ..........ranging right frm the VW GTI's to Audi S4 and also japanese manual cars ...... the fact is that GERMAN cars are a treat on the road , while japanese are a treat to your pocket ...thats service and maintenence especially ..but they are no match on the road to GERMANS .
PRIYAM
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby T.N.T on Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:20 pm

In this part of the world, the best option is a midsize SUV, preferably Japanese. Prado, Pajero, MRV etc, are some options. Why SUV? because they are safe for Dubai's crazy traffic, and they can tackle the occasional sand dune or rough track.
You are absolutely right about the Japnese and Germans issue. Whatever it is, most people still prefer to go for Japanese cars as they value their pocket more than on-road driving pleasure. For locals, it might not be a problem, but for expats, who have come here to earn some hard money have a reason to value their pockets unless they have lots of money or prefer German cars. :wink:
Looking for a manual tranny car, in the U.A.E market, for about 50k, you will hardly find any, although there might be some.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby PRIYAM on Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:28 pm

WELL UR RIGHT ABOUT THE SUV'S BUT I HAV DRIVEN AN SUV FR SUMTIME .......AND ID RATHER PREFER A SALOON / SEDAN .....NOT JUST BECAUSE ITS SMALLER AND LESS BULKIER BUT BECAUSE IM MORE INTO STREET DRIVING RATHER THAN OFF ROADING .....

NOW I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW THE BEST OPTION AVAILABLE FOR ME IN THE SHAPE OF A SEDAN OR COUPE NO SUV'S N 4X4'S PLZZZ

VW - EARLY 2000'S OR AUDI OR BMW LATE 1990'S AND EARLY 2000 OR JUST JAPANESE LIKE HONDA OR TOYOTA OR MITSUBISHI MID 2000'S ....

WHT D U THINK OF A SUBARU IMPREZA WRX ........OR A MITSUBISHI EVO.....

KEEPING IN MIND ALL THESE SHOULD BE A MANUAL ( STICK SHIFT ) TRANSMISSION
PRIYAM
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

driving pleasure

Postby root on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:49 am

For driving pleasure I tend to agree that German cars give a lot more of it than the Japanese...unless you are driving a Lexus.

What budget are you looking at? and it seems you like something with a bit of power, right?

Are you ok with steptronic gears or just manual?
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby PRIYAM on Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:01 pm

Well something in the range of 20k - 40k. And about transmission just pure manual ........no steptronics or tiptronics......they really dont make up for a true manual .

Well for true and passionate drivers .....i think nothing other then a manual will make up for it
PRIYAM
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby T.N.T on Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:14 pm

Hmmm, guess there are only two superb options left :lol: .

Subaru Impreza WRX STi

OR

Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 7-9

These rides are very very fast :twisted: but rare.
If you can push your budget upto 60k, you might even find a 350Z manual transmission.

Best Of Luck :wink:
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Return to Car Buying Advice