infiniti 2004 i35

Discuss which cars to get, where to get them from, tricks and traps to avoid, insurance... Also, great place for First time Car Buyers in UAE!

Moderator: azi malik

infiniti 2004 i35

Postby tal_al_ on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:59 pm

my car infiniti 2004 i35 is giving me problems since i bought it. Any expert mechanics in shj or dxb, coz i found most of them doing hit n trial. pl help. im in real need.
the car drinks up oil like anything. the prob started when the car started giving clinking noises from the engine bay. after investgation they said its from the exhaust and i got both the exhausts changed. later after just 2 days the sounds became worse like a worn gear box. upon investigation they told its the timing chain bearing and they fixed it. they also told that the engine is weak and youll have to get a replacement soon. then the car started missing and i suspected the coils now as all the 6 plugs were already replaced. i gave the car to them and they told me that one coil was replaced. after the replacement of coil, the car still did the same, giving jerks one day and sometimes running perfect though the acceleration never remained the same as it used to be before the replacement of exhausts. the engine oil used to get almost empty within 2-3 weeks time.

after looking into the issues, kindly suggest me a decent workshop so that the issue is caught by its roots.
tal_al_
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Ride: Honda Civic 2004 1.6L
My Profession: Engineer
My Dream Ride: RR Wraith/RR Overfinch

Return to Car Buying Advice