Weekend ideas?

Discuss anything BUT vehicles. Post your photo shoots, memoirs, personal rants and raves...just keep it civilized!

Moderator: azi malik

Weekend ideas?

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:37 pm

Hi! I have been in Dubai for 2 years now, and before I moved here I thought that there would be loads to do. Somehow my weekends are spent sleeping, or going to some dreadful mall. We go to the beach quite often but even there are getting bored of the same old 2-3 accessable beaches to us Dubaiites.

This needs to change (and I know that means some effort my side), and I would like to get ideas of what one can do on weekends in Dubai. I like the outdoors so if it means going out of Dubai that is fine.

Suggestions?

Drive up to RAK

Postby sushi on Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:04 am

Drive up to RAK or Khorfakkan and do some diving!

Or to Fujairah! They are just an hour or so away!
sushi

What to do on the weekends

Postby Serge on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:55 am

Buy a motorcycle and cruise around the UAE. There are several places to go and with different types of people to go with. I am part of the Harley and Yamaha motorcylce clubs. We have young and older riders. The weather is great for 8 months of the year. My wife and I enjoy this the most here in the UAE. But remember, different things excite you at different times in your life. So enjoy something new and move on to something else when bored. Get out of bed by 8:00 on Fridays and plan ahead what you intend to do that day. If you wait for Friday to decide...well, you know what happens...nothing. Good luck and good leisure.
SERGE
Serge

which Yamaha club?

Postby sushi on Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:37 pm

Hey, which Yamaha bikers club are you talking about?
Are these cruisers or sport bikes?
sushi

Return to Chill Out Lounge