The new 3G Iphone

Discuss anything BUT vehicles. Post your photo shoots, memoirs, personal rants and raves...just keep it civilized!

Moderator: azi malik

The new 3G Iphone

Postby root on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Can't wait to get one of these! Retailing at $200...this is going to kick some Nokia and SonyEricsson behind really badly. Why would you even go with a mid-range Nokia, when you can get this 8GB beauty with 3.5G HSPDA and also built-in GPS (wow!!). I would say Garmin..look out as well!

root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: The new 3G Iphone

Postby dxbrider on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:53 pm

The only problem is that at 200 bucks every Tom, xxxx and Harry will be carrying this.
Will Etisalat or du bring it here??? I have heard about Vodafone Egypt and Qatar and India but no one else in this region.

I guess one can always get a grey-market cracked version :) :)
And I feel sorry for all those grey-market dealers that have stocks of the current Iphone at twice the price.
dxbrider
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:40 am

Nothing is going to kick Nokia 'behind'. Trust me, it'll take them 20 years to get to where Nokia is right now. I can bet on one more thing, Nokia will still sell more even if the iPhone is released here 'officially', which it won't be and which is why you can only dream about it costing $200 in the UAE.
Nokia has 39% market share right now, followed by Samsung, Motorola, LG and then Sony Ericsson at a puny 7.5%. Well, if you try to remember, Sony Ericsson claimed that they'll kick Nokia 'behind' big-time once they complete the collaboration and start selling products. Hmm, they are in the market since almost 8 years and they aren't even close :)
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:34 pm

But even at AED 1,000 (which would probably be the grey market price with the 300 AED premium) this iPhone has Wifi, GPS, 3G, Push-mail and a great music player. This is competing really head-on with Nokia N95 which is bulkier (maybe sturdier) and costs almost 3 times the price.

One thing is for sure, Nokia and the others gotta reduce their prices.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:27 pm

Erm, the N95 is 1700 with 1 year of warranty (something that the iPhone will lack here). Its not even two times the price and you get a camera that is lightyears ahead.
It is a nice product, I'll have to agree. But I personally wouldn't even consider it if it doesn't have proper dealers here.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:50 pm

Here's the one they are putting up against IPhone 2...the Nokia N96:

Agree that the camera is the only big thing they are ahead in. The N96 will also have the 5 mpixel camera and dual flashes.

I don't know if the Apple supports video calls (dual cameras), so that might be another one.

But the user interface of iphone is way ahead...makes you use all the cool features.
On Nokia you struggle to get the settings working.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby T.N.T on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:09 pm

LOL, I haven't seen a single person 'struggling' to configure a Nokia, be it male or female. Its like the benchmark now, everyone knows how to use a Nokia but not everyone knows how to use a Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson etc.
The iPhone just has a 'cooler' interface, I agree, but coolness is not a necessity ;)
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby mujxx on Thu May 07, 2009 3:26 pm

i cannot use anything BUT blackberry !!!
heard new iPhone coming out early june this year...iPhone 3G nano ?
mujxx
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Profession: BDM
My Dream Ride: Aston

Postby root on Thu May 07, 2009 4:03 pm

yeah, many rumours of the iPhone nano!

But Blackberry Curve is outselling iPhone in USA according to new figures released this week.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jonereed on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:28 am

Hi guys I have iPhone 3GS it has the same size as the previous iPhone 3G which is a good thing if your planning an upgrade, it has 3 mega pixel camera with auto-focus and video recording up to 30 fps, it's also working with heavy graphics application. I like it and I'm very happy with it.
jonereed

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Executive
My Dream Ride: mcleren

Postby mcaviji on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 pm

hey guys guess what there are a lot of applications which you can use from itunes on for the iphone3gs especially on the road like track cameras;)
mcaviji

Postby root on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:16 pm

which app is this?

I guess I need to buy a iPhone as well...been outta the loop of this for too long!
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Chill Out Lounge