Accident on emirates road TODAY

Discuss anything BUT vehicles. Post your photo shoots, memoirs, personal rants and raves...just keep it civilized!

Moderator: azi malik

Accident on emirates road TODAY

Postby Brembo on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:10 pm

did anyone see it on the side going to AUH? right by a roundabout (dont ask which one) a jeep cherokee flipped onto the roof about 150ft from me.
a ford explorer idiot on the inside most lane decides he needs to exit at the very last second, cuts across 2 lanes, hits the rear left tyre of the jeep. jeep goes into a spin and flips onto the roof!!!!!!!then a honda civic ran into the explorer.
the jeep roof was smashed, it was like the A pillars did nothing, if driver was wearing the seat belt he/she should be ok, else RIP.

same road few days ago, i saw a 4ft long piece of wood or plywood fly off a truck and bounce off a camry hood. everyone behind had to swerve like mad to avoid it.
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby root on Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:37 pm

Its like playing Grand Theft Auto for real :)

The one time I saw one of those serious flip-over accidents happen in front of my eyes, I was pretty shaken up. Drove at 70 the rest of the evening.

They need to get rid of those round-abouts. I wonder when RTA will admit that they are just a traffic hazard when people dont know how to drive on them.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:17 pm

People shouldn't be allowed on the road if they can't navigate a round about safely.
All that stupid Explorer driver's fault. People like that piss me off :?
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Brembo on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:28 pm

the jeep that flipped over is still on the side of the road, right when exiting the roundabout. its a bigger hazard now cause everyone wants to slow down to take a look at a wrecked car. another accident waiting to happen.
is it really that hard to tow it away or just push it off the road completely??

ppl cant navigate roundabouts cause they dont exist in places like india/N america. maybe just the UK drivers know how to do it right? plus the fact that they have traffic lights on the roundabout!!!! thats just insane.
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Return to Chill Out Lounge