Parking lot Car cleaners

Discuss anything BUT vehicles. Post your photo shoots, memoirs, personal rants and raves...just keep it civilized!

Moderator: azi malik

Parking lot Car cleaners

Postby Brembo on Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:18 am

not sure about dubai, but there are 100's of them in Abu Dhabi. in the city when you park your car outside they come running and ask if your car needs a wash.
i generally dont entertain these folks and i politely say no, smile and walk away.
now these #$&$^&@^ have keyed my car, huge scratch going across 2 doors!!! and few smaller scratches over the last few months.
they have done to same to a few neighbors cars too.
guess if you dont get ur car washed by them, they key ur car.

what can be done about this? havent caught them in the act yet!!! they all seem like illegal immigrants? can i call someone and get them deported or something?????????? :twisted:
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby WSF on Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:57 am

Call the cops man its ur right & they will help, plus the situation will have more significance cuz there r other cars that r scratched.

A lady i know had the same issue with cleaners she called the cops; they couldnt catch that nasty cleaner but gave her some paper work 2 get it fixed in the insurance company & promised that the case isnt closed yet.. (FYI, that was in Dubai a year ago.)
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby Brembo on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:01 am

one guy in my area did call them and complained, i wasnt home during that time. now there is a little more cop presence in the area (they do a few rounds in the evenings) when they are around the cleaners are nowhere to be found.

maybe il organize a bait car or something with the other ppl lol. they day i catch them in the act..... im gonna open a can of whoop @$$ :D
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby ewap8 on Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:24 am

I have come across many such cleaners, but I have to admit, when I say no, they leave me alone. They usually have a lot of cars to clean, there is quite a bit of work, so then usually don't bother me at all.
What areas in Dubai will I come across these "dodgy" cleaners? I wanna make sure I keep my eyes peeled if I'm parking in such places..
ewap8
Drift King
Drift King

My Ride: Infiniti FX (2010)
My Profession: N/A
My Dream Ride: Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Postby Brembo on Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:05 pm

well they leave me alone too when i say no. guess they come back at night to leave their mark on my car :evil:
dunno bout dubai, they are usually found in the parking lots with lots of apartments around.
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

Car cleaning

Postby A J on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:33 am

I try not to use these guys services as much as i can, because they dont clean the car the right way (sometimes they scratch the car while cleaning!), or simply the overuse of their cleaning towels. But i have to admit that sometimes they come in handy, specially when you're having a rough week, and your off to some important distination, and you simply don't have the time to take it the car wash. But that doesn't mean they do a better job either!

I am surprised how leaninet the police authorities are with these guys, one of the car cleaners in my area was caught and prisoned three times, yet he comes out and does the same job back again!!
A J

Re: Parking lot Car cleaners

Postby Fokkae on Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:25 am

you guys are really unbelieveable...there lovely cleaners are nice and kind human beings. instead of insulting them and saying no why dont you just pay 15dh and let them clean your car. you'll be happy and they will be happy you dont want your car to be cleaned just give them 15 and tell them not to clean. why would you go through the hassle of police and I dont know what...have a drink or take some pills and everything will ok :D
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

My Ride: 1968 El Camino Puto

Postby dxbrider on Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:14 pm

Given the news that lately police is rounding these guys up, I doubt we'll find that many of these anymore. Atleast not the 10 dhm ones...now we'll get those working for the shopping malls charging higher where the poor cleaner gets nothing but the monthly salary of 800 dhm or like that.
dxbrider
Tuner
Tuner

Postby Fokkae on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:10 am

Donkey 'D
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

My Ride: 1968 El Camino Puto

Return to Chill Out Lounge