Coming to Dubai

Discuss anything BUT vehicles. Post your photo shoots, memoirs, personal rants and raves...just keep it civilized!

Moderator: azi malik

Coming to Dubai

Postby exportautos on Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:21 pm

Hello,

My company has been doing business in Dubai for almost 7 years now and recenlty has decided to open a showroom/office there in 2007. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me roughly what the cost is to rent or own a showroom/office in Dubai? Roughly 1500 - 2000 square feet. Also maybe what would be the best location for a luxury car showroom?

Does anyone know if and when there is a motor trade show in Dubai in 2007?

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
exportautos
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby T.N.T on Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:18 pm

Dubai Motorshow will be in March 2007 I guess.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby exportautos on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:04 am

I was told that the Motorshow takes place every 2 years. Is that true? I'm more interested in a motor trade show. Something like EAIVT has every year. EAIVT = European Association of Independent Vehicle Traders (in case you didnt know). The 2007 EAIVT trade show is in Nice, France in May and I only know of one UAE dealer that will be there. Based on the market for international cars in Dubai; I was wondering if there is a show dedicated to international motor trade?

Thanks.
exportautos
Cruiser
Cruiser

area

Postby root on Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:17 am

Sheikh Zayed Road seems like the most popular place for showrooms these days...that is if you are in Dubai.

Price...don't know, but it aint cheap anymore. Rentals have gone up significantly around Sh Zayed Road.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby exportautos on Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:42 am

Thanks for the advice. I'd rather not be in the middle of all the other dealers; but I guess it would be OK considering I can get newly released motors before other dealers can. So I would have an edge in that respect. I have only been to Dubai once and I didnt get to see much in the way of good areas for an office/showroom.

Are there any other areas? Right now I'm looking into permits, licenses and registration process involved in opening a motor showroom in Dubai. Does anyone know anything about this off by hand? I guess I should just be asking Root or TNT as they seem to be the only ones with knowledge and willing to help.

Any advice or knowledge is appreciated. Thanks!
exportautos
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby T.N.T on Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:14 am

That is right. The Dubai Motorshow takes place every 2 years. Even the Sharjah show. For eg. Dubai Motorshow took place in 2003, 2005 and Sharjah Motorshow took place in 2004, 2006.
There's no other car-related show except a car parts exhibition. I forgot the name. :roll:
I am not much into business so I don't know how much commercial space costs. My dream is opening a car showroom here but I guess I don't have enough initial 'capital' that is required and I have a good job too.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

advice

Postby root on Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:22 am

Mr Exportauto,
There are a lot of people doing car business here. A lot doing stuff similar to you. So, it aint without competition. I would say that you better scout the market prior to investing into setting up something.

Probably is better to hook up with other dealers instead of setting up your own.

What makes you unique? You should be asking this to yourself, but we in this forum would like to know as well (if we dont understand then thats a bad sign :))
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby ICE on Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:16 am

exportautos wrote:Thanks for the advice. I'd rather not be in the middle of all the other dealers; but I guess it would be OK considering I can get newly released motors before other dealers can. So I would have an edge in that respect. I have only been to Dubai once and I didnt get to see much in the way of good areas for an office/showroom.

Are there any other areas? Right now I'm looking into permits, licenses and registration process involved in opening a motor showroom in Dubai. Does anyone know anything about this off by hand? I guess I should just be asking Root or TNT as they seem to be the only ones with knowledge and willing to help.

Any advice or knowledge is appreciated. Thanks!

Mr. Export Auto,

Just FYI... its not that ROOT & T.N.T. are the only ones knowledgeable and willing to help. There are others but everyone has their own area of expertise and everyone here helps everyone with whatever they can. Please be careful of the words that you use.

As for your intentions of setting up a showroom; as stated by ROOT that Sheikh Zayed Road is in fact the prime location for car showrooms in Dubai. You find all types of cars Luxury, Regular and Exotic. You Lexus, Ferrari, Toyota, Honda etc. all around here. But the rents are equally exotic if I may call that ;).

Due to the fact that Burj Al Arab the tallest building being built and built fast on this road. I think you could be expecting anything close to a 100,000 +. My office is on the Sh. Zayed Road.

The other place that you could go to is Rashidya. There are a few showrooms around there too, Honda, Hyundai, Gargash (Mercedes).

Choice is yours. Its better if you come here for a visit. Look around the different places, hook up with some estate agents find out the rents and then go ahead with setting up. U must know your target market how big or small it is.

And where does your target market go to shop..

Am I making any sense. I hope that I am. Not really a businessman but from a Business Family.
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

My Ride: I ride a beast on the road, a maniac on tracks!
My Profession: IT Proffesional
My Dream Ride: DUCATI

Return to Chill Out Lounge