Force India

Discuss Formula 1, A1 Grand Prix, FIA GT, Rally, Nascar, Indy, Dubai Autodrome, ....

Moderator: azi malik

Re: Force India

Postby root on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:53 am

Brembos trying to ignite the spark within you!
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Z350 casuality !!

Postby kapil on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:22 am

I have driven cars for years togather without even putting a scratch on them....

but it was not to last..... I bumped my Z into a wall today and that too while parking really slowly...
It barely touched the wall but the wall had that prickly finish that most wall here do... I have 5 or six small pricks on the bumber they are all about the size of a matchstick's back :( while I was lokking at them I found teh left side of the front bumber loose. When I inspected closely the two bolts holding the outer cover to the inner one (black one towars the wheel well) were free. They were out. They had ripped the holes on teh black inside part through which they were fitted. even teh bumper outer cover (painted) is cut but only where these bolts were attached and hence its not visible.

I am now feeling really bad as I recall a scraping noise when I was parking the car in my parking the day I bougt it. I put the front over the small parking marker and had that scraping sound when I slowly pulled back. I didn't realise it them but I guess I must have pulled the bolts then :( On the first day!!

Now I need a bit of an advise... where sould I repair the bumper? I guess the dealer would not repair it (its only fixing the bolts in two new holes)? What can I do about the prick marks on teh bumper also?

No modifications on the car.. yet! But I think I'll put some parking sensors!! DO we get teh electromegnatic one here in dubai?

I guess I am not that good at slow driving!!
kapil
Drift King
Drift King

My Ride: Wrangler YJ - 95
My Profession: ****
My Dream Ride: Sukohi Su 30-mki

Re: Force India

Postby root on Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:31 am

yepp, you should definitely get some parking sensors. Check out at Yellow Hat in Times Square..they had some stuff and rear-view cameras as well.
Otherwise, mostly people will take their cars to Deira or Sharjah and get the stuff and fitting done there...I think this is the cheapest option.

From what I see you can take your bumper to anyplace that can do some simple paint jobs. There's nothing mechanical about the work. Maybe even the Emarat Fasttrack guys can fix this as well while you wait.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Previous

Return to Motor Racing