Infiniti re-badges its entire portfolio for 2014 model year

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Infiniti re-badges its entire portfolio for 2014 model year

Postby azi malik on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:21 am

infiniti_infographic_us__medium.jpg
infiniti_infographic_us__medium.jpg (40.17 KiB) Viewed 425745 times

Infiniti is implementing a re-badge of its entire product portfolio for the 2014 model year, returning to the letter "Q" from its early history for every car and "QX" for every Infiniti crossover and sports utility vehicle. The name change is part of Infiniti’s preparation for a broader array of global products, according to Johan de Nysschen, worldwide president of the brand. In effect, Infiniti's current lineup of sedans, coupes and convertibles will become the Q50, Q60 and Q70. De Nysschen took over the luxury division of Nissan Motor Co. in July 2012, with a mission to raise Infiniti’s status from Tier 2 among global luxury brands. In an interview with Automotive News, de Nysschen said that there is a risk associated with everything, but Infiniti feels quite comfortable about re-badging its entire product lineup.

He added that this is the right time to bring new order to the Infiniti lineup, as the luxury brand steps up exports to global markets and introduces a redesigned G sedan, its highest volume product.Infiniti will unveil the redesigned G sedan at the Detroit auto show in January 2013 and it will be rolled out in the United States in July 2014 under the new name Q50.

Infiniti's other vehicles will follow under the new naming structure over the course of about eight weeks with their 2014-model introductions. In effect, the M sedan will become the Q70, and the current G37 coupe and convertible will become the Q60. On the other hand, the EX crossover will become the QX50 while the FX crossover will become the QX70. The current full-sized QX56 SUV will become the QX80

source:Read Article
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News