Formula 1 drivers warned over using bad language

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Formula 1 drivers warned over using bad language

Postby azi malik on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 am

images.jpg
images.jpg (11.21 KiB) Viewed 9796 times

ABU DHABI - Formula 1 drivers have been told not to swear during media interviews.
Governing body the FIA issued the demand after both Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen swore, live on air, while on the podium after last Sunday's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
A letter to teams says it is "very much our collective responsibility to make sure drivers are aware such language has no place during media events".
A spokesman said any future instances may lead to disciplinary action.
The letter was written by FIA director of communications Norman Howell at the request of president Jean Todt.
It is not clear what punishment any drivers might receive in future, but the F1 regulations contain a catch-all rule about bringing the sport into disrepute that could be applied.
The letter says bad language "shines an unwelcome beam of adverse publicity on their teams and sponsors, the sport and the FIA".
It adds: "I understand that in the 'heat of battle', adrenaline, elation and disappointment make for a dangerous and heady mix. "But F1 drivers are not the only ones being interviewed in such conditions: I think of boxers, rugby and football players who are routinely interviewed live on television after a gruelling sporting effort. They manage to avoid inappropriate language."
Howell said the letter had been received "positively" by the teams.
He said there had been "quite a few complaints, from members of the public, people within the FIA, even from the media". He added: "Since it happened twice on the same weekend, I thought I'd send a friendly note. "We need to remind the drivers they are professionals. If you're a racing driver at that level you have to realise that part of your job description is to talk to the media, and to do so in a way that is acceptable."

source:Read Article
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Re: Formula 1 drivers warned over using bad language

Postby fifagamers on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:27 am

You employ the over approach forever been blew, coming the actual orb the greater better, let's say you sell it for you to common shop, which is asserted you're unreasonable! For that reason, to keep the orb, and soon a hand to the Fifty four RuneScape ranges (naturally your own miracle should be inside 56 or more), ok, you can be a huge champions!
fifagamers

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Saler Manger
My Dream Ride: Thomas

Return to Latest News