Honda unveils Fit-based Twist crossover

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Honda unveils Fit-based Twist crossover

Postby azi malik on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:14 am

2013_honda_twist_fit_crossover_13__medium.jpg
2013_honda_twist_fit_crossover_13__medium.jpg (36.31 KiB) Viewed 6198 times

Honda has built a Fit-based crossover dubbed the Honda Fit Twist that it will enter in the subcompact segment in Brazil. In the past, Honda had mentioned that it will develop a Fit-based crossover but before you get your hopes up, this isn’t the one it promised. In fact, the Honda Fit Twist will only be available in Brazil. The Brazilian motoring public loves their subcompact crossovers, which are actually B-segment hatchbacks modified to appear like butch off-roaders. By adding cladding, flared fenders, bigger wheels/tires, and lifting the ride height, Honda has already built a super-small, incredibly cheap, and extremely efficient SUV-like vehicle. This type of combination has reaped success in South America, with vehicles like the Volkswagen CrossFox, the Fiat Idea Adventure, and the first-generation Ford EcoSport.

The Honda Fit Twist complies with every aspect of this formula. The Fit Twist will get a slightly more aggressive front bumper fascia, which consists of dark black cladding, a faux skidplate, ovoid fog lamps with bright surrounds, and large, vertical , and likely faux air intakes. The rocker sills, wheel wells, and rear diffuser get matching cladding. As accent, it gets bright trim that is similar to the front skid plate.

In addition, Fit Twists get stylized roof rails, clear tail lamps, a bit more ground clearance, and bigger wheels. Honda has yet to release the technical details about the Fit Twist. However, we know that Fit hatchbacks are sold in Brazil with either a 1.4-liter or 1.5-liter, 16-valve I-4, together with five-speed manual and automatic transmissions. In many markets, Fits are available in all-wheel-drive form. But it won’t be in this form in Brazil, which means that the Fit Twist would probably only be offered as a front-wheel-drive vehicle.

source:Read Article
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News