McLaren Lures Top-End Buyers With $1.1 Million P1

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

McLaren Lures Top-End Buyers With $1.1 Million P1

Postby azi malik on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:19 pm

data.jpg
data.jpg (90.13 KiB) [ Viewed 4775 times ]
data.jpg [ 90.13 KiB | Viewed 4775 times ]

McLaren Automotive Ltd., maker of vehicles for the most winning Formula One team after Ferrari SpA, will target the market for supercars above $1 million with its P1 set for delivery in the second half of 2013.

“Customers want to make sure that it is not going to be a car that is available by the thousands,” Managing Director Antony Sheriff said in an interview in Tokyo. “We will be building it at a rate of no higher than one car per day.”

The P1, a road-legal version of McLaren’s F1 racer, will help double annual sales at the closely held automaker to 3,000 cars in four years, Sheriff said. The 700,000 pound ($1.1 million) model will join Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd.’s One-77 and Bugatti’s Veyron as limited-production cars aimed at buyers at the top of the market, according to Yoshiaki Kawano, an analyst at IHS Automotive in Tokyo.

Using a supercar to lend the overall brand (BRND) a sense of exclusivity is similar to what Ferrari has done with its Enzo and F50 models, said Kawano. “They are both top-of-the-line cars that can add exclusivity to the supercar brand.”

source:Read Article
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News