Nissan Leaf NSC-2015: self-drived, comes when called.

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Nissan Leaf NSC-2015: self-drived, comes when called.

Postby azi malik on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:21 am

nissan_leaf_nsc_2015__medium.jpg
nissan_leaf_nsc_2015__medium.jpg (35.73 KiB) Viewed 7211 times

Nissan has big plans for its all-electric hatchback. For example, a low-cost trim level may soon be added to the Leaf EV lineup. Nissan demonstrated at this year’s CEATEC Japan technology conference an automated version of the Leaf named NSC-2015, which can park itself and pick the owner/passenger at just the push of a button. The NSC-2015 is different from other self-driving cars that use GPS to move around. Instead, the NSC-2015 depends on a remote monitoring system that’s based on an all-around view camera and 4G mobile communications. According to Nissan, this method offers precise recognition of the model’s surroundings.

Most significantly, it operates even when there’s an interruption in the communication to the satellite network such as when passing through underground parking structures. The car can be told to park itself with the use of a smartphone app. In addition, the EV will attempt to find a vacant parking spot and get itself in. While the vehicle is parked, a security camera system will monitor its surroundings.

The driver’s smartphone instantly receives a report if it detects any suspicious activity. The NSC-2015 can pick up its passengers when called as easily as it parked itself. Nissan said that the project’s overall goal was to lessen the chance of human error, which is the reason for 90% of all accidents, to as near to zero as possible. It had also set out to lessen the time spent to look for parking. As hinted by its name, the NSC-2015 could be totally viable by 2015.

source:4Wheel News
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News