Ariel introduces the Atom 3.5

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Ariel introduces the Atom 3.5

Postby azi malik on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:52 pm

ariel_atom_35_6__medium.jpg
ariel_atom_35_6__medium.jpg (28 KiB) Viewed 6055 times

The stiffness and torsional rigidity of the Ariel Atom 3 were increased by updating it with a chassis used previously on the V8 and Mugen editions. The car gets modified engine mounts and its new dampers work with the improved chassis so that it gets a more compliant on-road ride and better balance and traction on track. Ariel has dubbed this car as the Atom 3.5. The lightweight sports car is enhanced further with a new digital LCD dashboard display with gear-shift lights, a restyled bonnet, twin projector headlamps and LED turn, stop and tail lights. To indicate show lap times and G force, the driver’s display can be added with a data logger. No updates were given to the normally aspirated 2.0-litre Honda iVTEC engine and remains with a 245bhp output. Meanwhile, the supercharged version got a boost to 310bhp from 300bhp due to changes to the intake, mapping and fuel system. As a result, there’s more mid range power. Atom has also extended its options list, giving customers the chance to personalize their car depending on their individual needs. According to Simon Saunders, director of Ariel, the company is capable of personalizing a car to fit a specific customer “whether it’s a fast road car, the ultimate track-day weapon, a fun weekend car or a combination of all three.”

source:4wheelsnews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News