Infiniti Will Abandon the V8 Engine

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Infiniti Will Abandon the V8 Engine

Postby azi malik on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:23 am

infiniti_v8_engine.1azsa17jadr4gwc04cgggg880.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg
infiniti_v8_engine.1azsa17jadr4gwc04cgggg880.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg (16.76 KiB) [ Viewed 5389 times ]
infiniti_v8_engine.1azsa17jadr4gwc04cgggg880.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg [ 16.76 KiB | Viewed 5389 times ]

Infiniti confirmed it will stop production of the V8 engine due to stricter CO2 restrictions and fuel economy.

“I don’t think any car that is on Infiniti drawing boards from here onwards we should expect a V-8 to be included in that plan,” said Infiniti global president Johan de Nysschen.

He also said that the engine has a longer life cycle than that of a car, as the new powetrain can be offered for around 15 years. Currently the V8 engine can be seen at the QX SUV, FX and M sedan models, but in the future the automaker will rely on hybrid powerplants and turbocharged V6s. The future 4 or 6-cylinder engines that will replace the V8 will be able to offer similar performance but with an improved fuel efficiency.

Other automakers have already adopted the smaller engine trend, with Lexus introducing its new GS mid-size luxury sedan in the States without a V8 option. Audi, Mercedes and BMW are also working to replace the V8 with turbocharged V6. But this change can’t be made over night if we are to take into consideration that V8 engine in Infiniti’s QX56, M56 and FX50 are recent designs.

“The V8will remain as part of our line for several years to come. We expect that these (new technologies) will supersede our V-8 engines some time in the future,” said Infiniti’s Kyle Bazemore.

source:InAutonews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Re: Infiniti Will Abandon the V8 Engine

Postby HBK on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:48 am

Hello modern classic – the 2013 SRT Viper is a sure fire hit. After a hiatus that began on July 1st, 2010 the Dodge – ahem – SRT Viper is returning this November. The Viper was kept under wraps up until its launch in April at the New York International Auto Show. Since then we’ve heard a lot about process – such as the stringent approval necessary to become an SRT dealer.
NAT
HBK

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: IT
My Dream Ride: BMW

Return to Latest News