Patent drawings of the next-generation Toyota Auris

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Patent drawings of the next-generation Toyota Auris

Postby azi malik on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:41 am

next-generation_toyota_auris__medium.jpg
next-generation_toyota_auris__medium.jpg (23.83 KiB) Viewed 8492 times

Patent drawings of the next-generation Toyota Auris have been leaked, giving us a preview of its bold new design. The new Auris, which will be shown as a concept car by the end 2012 before its 2013 launch, is the latest model to be given a boost to its appearance as part of Toyota chief Akio Toyoda’s brief to make “more characterful models.” Last week, images of the new Auris’s Japanese sister car, the Corolla, were seen via the internet. Toyota provided confirmation that these photos, which Autocar obtained, do not accurately show what the UK-spec car would be. These patent drawings, which were registered in Germany, are of a concept car that will soon lead to the more distinguishing Auris production car.

Toyota Europe is tasked with developing the company’s future core models for the market beginning from the Aygo to the Avensis when it comes to size. The new Yaris Hybrid is the first model to arrive from this plan. The new Auris will follow. The upcoming Toyota models will feature a bold design and will make more use of driving dynamics, which has been a source of criticism for the current Auris. The platform of the new Auris will be designed to have a hybrid drivetrain.

Mid-way through its life, the current Auris Hybrid had the Prius’s drivetrain engineered into it. As a result, its boot capacity decreased. The new Auris hybrid will make use of the lessons gained from decreasing the size, weight and efficiency of the hybrid drivetrain from the Prius and Auris just to accommodate the smaller Yaris. It’s expected that the updated versions of the current 1.3 and 1.6-litre petrol engines would be used even after launch. However, the next-generation Auris line-up will be available with BMW diesel engines shortly after launch. It’s believed that the 1.6 and 2.0-litre BMW oil-burners will be available, which could aid in propelling the Auris into the mainstream market.

source:4wheelsnews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News